Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
* Has anyone found out for sure How and If we can adapt the New '05 Intelligent key to our '03's & '04's? 8) Can we replace the "BRICK" with the New, Slimmer, Lighter, Smaller Design? OLD BRICK >
NEW '05 >

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I don't know about that though. The transponders are the same, just the remote itself is changed. I wish I could try it myself. Maybe LIFX's service manager was lying and didnt want to try? I hear them say all the time "You can't put a remote start in a FX tech" or some other nonsense. Doesn't someone here have a good "in" with an Infiniti tech to try?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was counting on YOU! :shock: btw, while striping @ a caddy dealer, their version of the "I" key INCLUDES Remote Start also + a few other things we don't have - love advancing technology! / C'mon John, you can do it.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
If I had the CONSULT tool you bet your butt I would have done it already. Unfortunaely I don't have any friends at Infiniti. You would think with all the $$$ I send them every month I would :? .

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kcrudup said:
PINITI-FX said:
Has anyone found out for sure How and If we can adapt the New '05 Intelligent key to our '03's & '04's ?
It appears that would be a no, Kemosabe!
Need help Kenny, did you get youe STB installed at Performance, cause Jason is ordering one in just in time for your return from Chi-town, wanna see if there's a way to make it swap/work? ~ ~ ~ revOevoM - you've got Great repore with Your dealer, wanna try???

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
did you get your STB installed at Performance?
Yeah. 1/2hrs labor, $40.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kenny what I mean is Jason will have the Key, he just needs a willing participant :roll: (dummy) '03 or '04 to try it out on, may need his shops CONSULT also to get it done.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Kenny what I mean is Jason will have the Key, he just needs a willing participant :roll: (dummy) '03 or '04 to try it out on, may need his shops CONSULT also to get it done.
Doh!

OK, but I won't be back in LA 'till late Monday night, so can this wait 'till Tuesday or Wednesday? I'm (over!-)due for my 30K service, I wonder if they can do that there, too (most likely, and I can save a little $$, too). Duarte's a bit of a hike from my place in LA, but so is where I'd normally take my car anyway.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, call Jason when you get back, make sure the key is in, then set something up that's conveinint? for you both, thanks, we'll hopefully get to the bottom of this yet. - btw, nice link @ F/A to hooters w/steve LOL :lol: ~ revOevoM - how about Your dealer ?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I was just there this week gettin' my brakes done. D'oh! Shoulda asked then. I'll see what I can do...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PINITI-FX said:
Yeah, call Jason when you get back, make sure the key is in, then set something up that's conveinint? for you both, thanks, we'll hopefully get to the bottom of this yet. - btw, nice link @ F/A to hooters w/steve LOL :lol: ~ revOevoM - how about Your dealer ?
Did you guys get a chance to look into this yet?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Not me. Next week, I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Not me either. Maybe I'll give my dealer a call today. Work's been takin' up too much of my time, lately. :? BTW, Piniti, I'm gonna go ahead and order my rail caps to go baldy.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PINITI-FX said:
[quote="PINITI-FX":jhsk82u9]Yeah, call Jason when you get back, make sure the key is in, then set something up that's conveinint? for you both, thanks, we'll hopefully get to the bottom of this yet. - btw, nice link @ F/A to hooters w/steve LOL :lol: ~ revOevoM - how about Your dealer ?
Did you guys get a chance to look into this yet?[/quote:jhsk82u9] :?: Bump ?? ~ Any Body ask or try yet to see If there is Some way for '03 & '04 owners to convert over to the NEW '05 Intelligent Key?

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I've been meaning to call my SA this week on another topic... Called this morning. Asked him 1) have you attempted to program an '05 Intelligent Key to an '04 FX? 2) if yes, great!; if no, can you please try it and definitively, positively tell me whether it's possible?

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Any Word Yet?
I'm 3K miles past my 30K service, and up to my ass in work. I'm afraid I won't be able to get up there 'till the beginning of next week (and that means the 15th, 'cause VD (heh) is next Monday).

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I am awaiting word from my SA. I asked him about this last week (Thu?). If I don't hear from him by Wed, I'll give him a call...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
kcrudup said:
PINITI-FX said:
Any Word Yet?
I'm 3K miles past my 30K service, and up to my ass in work. I'm afraid I won't be able to get up there 'till the beginning of next week (and that means the 15th, 'cause VD (heh) is next Monday).
Just checking :roll: No word from my guys yet either. :?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.