Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked my sales rep if the FX shares any body/engine/tranny/etc components with the Murano and he said no. However, all the Infiniti parts sites I've been to seem to sell Nissan parts alongside. I know this is petty but I had a bad experience owning a Datsun 240SX years ago so I'm very sensitive about ever owning another Datsun product. Plus, spending >$45K on a Nissan doesn't sit well. Don't get me wrong, I've only had my FX45 for four days and I can tell that it's going to be my favorite ride next to my Targa.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Infiniti is to Nissan as Lexus is to Toyota and Acura to Honda... So you have essentially bought a Nissan... Thus it's not surprising that shops that sell Nissan parts will also sell Infiniti.

That being said the Marano and FX are two totally different cars... The Morano is based on the Altima frame the FX is on the G35... The engines are different and nearly every part is different...

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
the FX frame is that of a G35. Murano frame is that of an altima.

engines are the same base engine with different piping and tuning, but the position of the engine in the car is much different.

both cars share a lot of electronics and the such.

oh...and dont forget the tranny is completely different on these beasts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Vivid/bradical you guys are right on.

It's a common misconception that the Murano and FX are pretty close relatives because of their size/shape but they are pretty different. The Murano is based on the Front-wheel drive Altima/Maxima while the FX line is based actually on the RWD 350Z/G35.

But cantdrv55, I'm with you. I hope the FX doesn't remind me of a Datsun ANYTHING. :lol:

So far so good...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I had a great experience with an '80 Datsun 200SX (sweet car) and a poor experience with an '84 Nissan Stanza.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts