Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a one owner FX45 but the only thing that's stopping me from actually buying it is the oil consumption problems I keep reading about. I'm confused on whether or not the 2006 and up FX45 actually have a decreased chance of oil consumption. Was there a fix that was confirmed? Can anybody with a 2006 and up let me know if they have oil consumption problems and if so how much are they using? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
The 2006 FX was upgraded slightly on the outside and a little more on the interior. The 35 and the 45 engines remained the same as the previous years. From what I have read the 45 is more prone to oil consumption but the problem was never so bad that Infiniti recalled or changed the engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Acquired my Autumn Copper 2006 FX45 in 2008 at 48K, used it as daily driver in ugly Washington, DC, commuter traffic until 2014, and now have in my retirement at 191K. Have installed coilovers, both front wheel bearings, starter, two front control arms, and plugs. That's it! From Day 1, engine burns 1 qt/5K, when I change oil. Still runs like new. Now use for hauling/visiting grand kiddies and serves as second car to our loaded Blue Slate Metallic 2009 FX50S, bought in 2010 for wife and long haul trips for its creature comforts. It also uses 1 qt/5K. We are believers in these magnificent machines! Can't imagine anything else in the driveway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts