Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the FX out today for the first time since I bought it last weekend and it got a lot of looks. This one guy in a new Lexus sedan craned his head around just to get a glimpse of the car's entire profile and rear. A lady passenger in an Acura MDX was trying to covertly look at the front end as they passed me on the left. I think it's still pretty much of a novelty because I only saw one other on the road today and I drove for almost 225 miles. Do you folks who've owned your FX for a while still get looks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
I'm one of those people who pretty much does a 180 to watch a FX go by. I also pull over and do a walk around any parked FX I find.

About rarity:
I live in Memphis, TN, which has 1 million people living in the metropolitan area (suburbs not included), and I only see one FX per week on average. What I do see everywhere and every day is the Lexus RX330. I even see the Porsche Cayenne more frequently than the FX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
848 Posts
Not so much near home or work anymore, as I'm seeing them almost every day now. When I'm on a trip, I still get asked about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
Shawn said:
I live in Memphis, TN, which has 1 million people living in the metropolitan area (suburbs not included), and I only see one FX per week on average. What I do see everywhere and every day is the Lexus RX330. I even see the Porsche Cayenne more frequently than the FX.
Ditto here in Katy area (West Houston).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
Shawn said:
I'm one of those people who pretty much does a 180 to watch a FX go by. I also pull over and do a walk around any parked FX I find.
Ha Ha... Glad I'm not the only one obsessed...my wife thinks Im crazy :lol: We've had people stop us in the parking lot while shopping and ask us if they can "look inside" and check it out. I think I deserve a sales commision.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,948 Posts
South side of Houston, they're still not too common; I get looks and stares all the time. I actually see more Magnums on the road than FXs in my part of town.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
I see a few around my area (West Houston). Too bad most of them are driven by soccer mom's it looks like.

Anyway, I've had a couple 18-wheel truck drivers give me the thumbs up from high above. Kinda cool...

People still haven't walked up to me asking about it...I think they're scared that the car is gonna bite them or something (it's a cheetah, right?)...:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Nope, don't get the attention anymore. There are 3 other FX's here at work and at least two in our neighborhood. But so far haven't seen any other red FX's 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
vdo_game_junkie said:
Nope, don't get the attention anymore. There are 3 other FX's here at work and at least two in our neighborhood. But so far haven't seen any other red FX's 8)
I saw another red FX just the other day. That makes two others besides mine that I've seen driving around LA.

As for other color FX's, in a 20 minute drive I will see 4 or 5. They seem to be very common here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,217 Posts
GeoFX said:
I see a few around my area (West Houston). Too bad most of them are driven by soccer mom's it looks like.

Anyway, I've had a couple 18-wheel truck drivers give me the thumbs up from high above. Kinda cool...

People still haven't walked up to me asking about it...I think they're scared that the car is gonna bite them or something (it's a cheetah, right?)...:p
Hey, who you callin a soccer mom? Im a soccer DAD!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
well on a couple of occasions i've had people come up to me in the parking lot asking about my fx. a couple of occasions while at stop light, pedestrians at crosswalk stopped at the corner to watch me take off when it turned green. its pretty cool to get these stairs and looks. i don't even think some bimmers or mercedes get this kind of attention. :lol: i even turned the engine on while parked so the guy could hear the exhaust
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top