Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or is the automatic transmission on the fx45 fooked? I can't seem to pass anyone with a controlled throttle response. It's either none or wide open. I thought maybe I would get used to it but it seems to be more annoying as time goes by and I seem to notice it more. For eg. the other day I was attempting to pass a slower moving vehicle and tried to give it a little throttle but found no response by the vehicle. I gave it a little more again with no response and finally a significantly amount more to have the engine screem and jump and lurch forward to my surprise and I am sure the other driver must of thought I was either an A$$ or wanted to drag him. This has happened to me a number of times going different speeds and I kept thinking I just needed to get used to the throttle response but now I am thinking the auto tranny sux! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I've noticed the same thing in my '35. Time to switch to manual and go for the Level 10 mod? I wish they'd sell a DIY no lag kit or at least release the info. we need to do it ourselves or have a local shop do it.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Zethar said:
Is it just me or is the automatic transmission on the fx45 fooked? ... What do you guys think?
Now you see why I spend most of my time in ManuMatic (and even then, that stupid shift delay bugs the **** outta me)! BrnJug's mod is looking more and more worth it every passing (or not, depending on when the **** tranny catches up) day!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, one thing I've noticed that auto mode is good for is when you WANT an instant downshift 2-3 gears when you punch it; sure can't do that in manual mode. Scares the crap outta me sometimes, but it IS fun. :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
I’ve only have 250 miles on mine FX 35 and planning to go easy for the next 1K or so, but already noticed slight hesitation in downshifting, similar to a “turbo lag”.

·
Registered
848 Posts
ShadyJC said:
My car prior to my FX was a 2003 Saab 9-3... trust me, you guys don't know Turbo Lag...
Interesting. Didn't really have much lag at all in my 88 Saab SPG. The car was actually fun to drive...I bought it new in Germany, and liked it enough to ship it to Korea when I went in '90. Mine was a 5-speed...maybe you had an auto?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts