Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just boght an iRiver 512meg MP3 player/FM radio. It's pretty freakin small. I'll be testing it out at the gym tonight. It came with an arm band for running/jogging which is mainly why I bought it.

Anyone here have any experience with these?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
My wife just bought the 256mb version last week. The unit is excellent. The software sucks big time. Update the manager it comes with from the web site. It won't let you rip cd's directly to mp3s to the player. It can rip to ogg format though. **** copyright BS. If you have a mp3 collection, this won't be a problem for you. The player is great.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Been using one of their 128k versions for about a year...great for running, wearing on an airplane (you'll never hear them whiny kids again!). I had an mp3 collection before buying it, and haven't really used their software for other than loading the player. Mine didn't come with an armband...gotta get one of them. Just curious if they're still making them the same shape...about 3" long, and sorta triangle shaped on the ends?

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are a little different now. They are still quite similare, however the whole thing is rounded off a little.

So far, i haven't been very impressed with the FM reception :-( I was hoping it would be better than the cheap FM arm-band radio I bought, but I was wrong.

The Mp3 part seems quite good though. I've already got a decent collection of mp3's and also have a ripping software that I use to rip new CDs anyway.

As an FYI, I've found they have a different firmware that makes the device look like an external disk drive. If you install this firmware, you cannot use the Managment software for it anymore (unless you put the old firmware back on it).

I went ahead and installed that firmware. So, when I plug the player in it just opens an explorer window and I can drag/drop copy/paste files onto it.

I wore the player on my arm last night and other than having ear-bud problems the player itself is sooo light that it was easy to run with. I need to find a nice set of headphones

1 - 4 of 4 Posts