Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one out there know of a hardwire mod for the iPod...i got that stupid iTrip wireless transmitter, but i wanted something better. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that was a sick job, but i dont think im ready for that!! I think ill stick to the iTrip

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm going to try it when i get the chance. I have until the end of February before I'll really need the Ipod for a cross country drive. If a vendor comes out with a custom adaptor for the FX before that, maybe I'll go that way. I was looking at the Dension site, hoping they'll come up with an FX solution.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I just did that mod and it is the absolute bomb. With the ipod on pause and the volume all the way up, there is no static or hiss. Very, very nice.
Audio quality is top notch. I compressed at 224/48 mp3 files though. That may make a difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the same thing, it took only 20 min... where did you guys put the wire through, i put mine through the side glove compartmet and into a ac charger..... any other suggestions?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any of you New Yorkers do this mod??? i would really like to do it, but im a little hesitant and could use some help :oops:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
PrayForSnow said:
any of you New Yorkers do this mod??? i would really like to do it, but im a little hesitant and could use some help :oops:
you have the tech package so just get an RCA splitter and plug it into the inputs for the DVD system and then set the radio to DVD :)

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
PrayForSnow said:
Hey Sno I have not done this yet but have done almost every other A/V mod to the FX either on my own or in my shop. Should be pretty easy. Maybe there is something I can do for you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
you have the tech package so just get an RCA splitter and plug it into the inputs for the DVD system and then set the radio to DVD :)
I have a 2005 FX with Tech package, but with no DVD. Can this method still be done? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.
TONY G.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hey Pray,

What's wrong with the Itrip wireless transmitter? I was thinking about getting one for my teenagers xmas present.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It works pretty **** good....but sometimes you get some static, and on road trips you have to switch radio stations...i just want something that i plug in and dont have to mess with...with iTrip you always have to make adjustments

·
Registered
789 Posts
Oh yeah, the wireless transmitter works great. This mod is all about sound quality and lack of distortion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts