Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Anyone tried the RemoteRemote2 from Engineered Audio for their Ipod? Right now I have the standard Apple remote clipped on the armrest while the IPOD sits in the center console. I was thinking of trying this RF remote and seeing how it works but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with it.
Thanks!

http://www.engineeredaudio.com/store.html

·
Registered
509 Posts
I didn't know about this device. Thanks. But, you also mentioned a standard Apple remote. I don't know about this either. I have the new click wheel 20 gig Ipod. Can you elaborate about the standard remote?? 8)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 20gig click wheel as well. The Apple Ipod remote is a standard wired remote which hooks up to the top of the IPOD and gives basic functionality such as volume control, change tracks, and play/pause. I have this running through the little hole in the armrest and clipped to the part where you can pull your armrest forward. Problem is, it gets unclipped very easily and sometimes it falls off when I try to change tracks. That's why i'm looking into a wireless solution.

Here is a link:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W ... e=M9128G/A

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: RemoteRemote2

While I've not used the product, I've heard good things. It's an RF remote rather than infrared so it will work with your iPod anywhere in range, including hidden in a glove compartment. Before buying however, also consider the Griffin Technologies AirClick remote which is due out very soon. Similar RF technology but perhaps more reliable company. The form factors are somewhat different as well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and purchased the RemoteRemote 2. So far so good. I have it in the center console and no problems so far. Only issue is that they shipped me the white keyfob instead of the black one. Here are some crappy pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
That's does seem pretty cool.
I have my iPod hard wired in my Accord and where it's located
I can't really control it when driving. This would probaly work pretty good.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Charger

I noticed you are using the Belking charger too. The problem I had was that since it was always charging the battery died really quickly. I was wondering if there was a charger that you could select if you want to charge it or not. I like the Belkin because of the headphone output and the amplifier. Any toughts?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Wowser, I'm a new iPod owner so this may seem like a dumb question. If the iPod is off does the remote play button wake it up and pressing again starts playing? And, if you hold down the pause button will it turn off the iPod like on the click wheel? 8)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jorgemiranda,

yeah i've heard of the battery issue as well when it's continuously connected to a charger. I'm not sure if a charger exists that can selectively charge. For me, it's not really an issue because 99% of the time I use my IPOD only in the FX (I bought it just for in-car use). The only time I take it out is to sync with ITunes.

Silver Bullet,

Yes to both of your questions. The play button will wake up the IPOD and holding it will shut it off. The great thing about having it hooked up to the car charger, is that as soon as you turn off the car the power to the IPOD is gone and therefore it automatically goes into "Pause" mode. After two minutes, it auto-shuts off. I never pause the IPOD when I leave the car, I just let it turn off automatically.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Jay, what kind of accord is that which has those interesting gauges?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.