Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I luv all you guys! Keep up the good work. Here's the story.

Just bought a 20GB ipod to listen to all my music (nice digital sound right?). I was so excited! Quickly threw in about 1000 songs and hooked it up to my Griffin FM transmitter I bought with the ipod to listen in my fx 45.

I was so disappointed with the sound, it almost made me cry. Started to go through the mods on the site - I especially liked ShadyJC's. But that boy has got some big balls -- I was much too chicken to even consider a mod like that.

Kept reading the forums on this fantastic site and discovered that I can just plug the ipod into the rca jacks in the DVD player. The sound is very good and once again I am a happy camper! :D

Thanks to all of you who have posted info on this and other sites regarding this topic.

Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Zethar said:
Started to go through the mods on the site - I especially liked ShadyJC's. But that boy has got some big balls -- I was much too chicken to even consider a mod like that.
You know those stories how some diminutive mother has a terrible accident on a rain-slicked road and out of sheer desperation somehow summons up superhuman strength to overturn her car to rescue her children? That's what putting together the AUX install was like for me. Read it again, it's simple, if you know how to use a screwdriver you can do it, trust me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
shadyjc.. i did ak1nza's (andrew) ipod mod, plugging into the rear dvd hookup (i do not have tech package) which has worked very well so far.. no complaints whatsoever.. THEN i saw your post and have to say was totally inspired.. went and ordered the parts in your list, and still have a couple of things to pick up, but i will be attempting this myself.. soon.. just have a few things to get out of the way first (like my wedding!!).. BUT many thanks for putting in the time and the effort to produce such a well put together post.. i wouldnt dream of doing it if it hadnt been for your post and photos.. just have to actually put thought into action :)) cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was wondering if anyone could help me with my question... I got a post factory dvd player installed in the center console by Infiniti through their outsourced dealer and I was wondering if there was a way to connect my Ipod to that unit and feed it into the stereo. The problem is the dvd runs through an FM modulator and I have SAT so all of the sources for audio output are seemingly taken up.. Can I still access this with an Ipod and is there any way to hook my dvd up to this stereo output as well without using a modulator (the sound quality is very bad.) I would appreciate hearing back from anyone who is knowledgable about the subject. Thanks so much...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
And sorry if I missed this information, but can I also set this DVD unit to run through the stereo output so that the sound quality is better than throught the FM modulator??? If so how??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts