Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
see i knew there was no reason for mp3 playback :lol:

JUST KIDDING!

on a serious note, my fiance tried the FM transmitter for ther iPOD in her car and it ......how shall we say..... SUCKED! :)

no matter what channel, there was tons of static. you definately need to direct wire, or use one of these cassette adapters IMO.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This would be a great option for the project I'm working on. I don't suppose anyone has any idea how it talks to the iPod (as in protocols)? I don't have an iPod myself. If it's RS-422 or similar it would be easy to hijack for other purposes.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've been pretty happy with my cassette adapter and ipod. Sound quality is pretty decent. Don't have the time or patience to do the iPod mod.

FYI based on what I've read, buy the Sony adapter, Monster's seems to not be recognized by the cassette deck. Haven't heard about the Griffin.

·
Registered
498 Posts
hombogero said:
I use the belkin car adapter. It has a 3 watt pre amp, and makes the cassette adapter come to life. It pretty much sounds like CD quality to me. I recommend it for anyone using a cassette adapter. Also, it keeps your Ipod charged

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... pe=product
Ah but it depends on what generation of iPod you have. Wouldn't work with anything earlier than 3rd gen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is some more functionality on this though

FF and RW from stereo
Pasue
Pauses iPod when you change from Casstette to Radio or CD

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It's quite ingenius. I bet it simply checks the speed of the spindle and send the proper command to the command port.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had the Itrip for my ipod and it sucked in the city. Too many radio stations in the NYC area. When I got out into upstate new york it worked better but still some static.

I use the RCA inputs on the dvd player. Bought a few wires from Belkin.com and I love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts