Infiniti FX Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry for the delay in my follow-up post, I had foot surgery and my schedule has been pretty messed up.

I have a total of 48 images (exhaust install, clearance points and GT-Spec clearance shots), and 4 dyno printouts scanned. I'll go on record and say that this system is performing beyond my expectations and I definitely went into this purchase with questionable expectations. I did research other systems and PM'd a variety of FXr's what they thought of their systems, (a couple of Invidia users, most not), Y pipes and individual pieces, lots of butt dyno results, not a lot of factual dyno evidence......

VERY positive performance results on my 45. On a CONSERVATIVE full load dyno the system added just a hair under 7WHP gain with 9 Lbs of torque. Slight lost of HP and torque on the low end, according to the printout the power comes back and jumps up at 2,800 RPM. That's exactly what happens, you can feel the power kick in at 2.6K and it doesn't stop throughout the range.

I did install all the GT-Spec braces at the same time. The lower rear brace is in but It's TIGHT (on my car about 1/2" clearance) after driving it for four days there has been no contact that I can feel or hear.

There was some tweaking to get everything to fit but the shop made it work.

I'll post the full write up with all the install pictures on Monday-

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Logan said:
I'll post the full write up with all the install pictures on Monday-
Can't wait :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's the follow up with imagery-

Went to Kito Auto Sport (KAS) in Seattle for the install 10.14.09. My choice for the speed shop was based on a) They had an AWD dyno (for the before and after gain check) and b) they came highly recommended. As they were also going to be installing my GT-Spec front and rear Braces I wanted a shop who had experience with suspension gear as well. In the end I felt like I choose well, Kito was a hands on guy and they took their time making sure it all went down well.

image #1 Ran three dyno pulls established our baseline (WHP is a let down when you get used to throwing around factory specs, but it is what it is and my car isn't any slower now that I found out what it's actually running for power :))

Image #2 Pulled the OEM exhaust and laid it next to the Invidia exhaust. Due to the angle of the shot there is a little bit of image foreshortening going on and the OEM unit is pushed back a little bit more but did it look like the Invidia was a bit longer than the stock system......?

Image #3 Did a fast and dirty bolt up and found that there WAS an issue with the length. You can see there is a specific up-bend in the exhaust (in the center of the yellow circle) to allow the The Sway bar (indicated in pink) to clear it. If we had hooked up the exhaust without modifying the length the up bend would not have lined up. When we tried it as-is the Exhaust came into hard contact with the sway bar. Also the GT-Spec lower NEVER would have cleared the exhaust.

Image #4 kito cut the pipes directly in front of the flex section.

Image #5 Kito welded the pipe back up to the flex section.

Image #6 Shot showing both pipes welded up. If you look you will see that the pipe on the left has a 1" section welded back in. In between cutting and rewelding the pipes the pipes we realized just how CLOSE the fitment was on the GT-Spec lower brace. At one point the thought was to scrap the install on the lower brace but after looking it over and planning how to mount it all up we determined by adding back exactly 1" the exhaust would clear the brace by 1/2"......maybe a hair less.....SO the Total amount removed-2.5" from the pipes in the front section (closet to the cats)

Image #7 Lower brace clearance shot.

Image #8 Lower brace clearance shot.

Image #9 Shot showing the rear portion of the system with the rear GTS braces in place.

Image #10 & 11 before Dyno pulls

Image #12 & 13 after Dyno pulls

Summary-Really love the new exhaust but I didn't go into this expecting to be a guinea pig. What I discovered was that the 06+ 45's cats/headpipes are 2.5" longer than earlier models. Just my luck all other years pre-06' 45's all 35's are fine....I have discussed all of this with Gordon and he has been really apologetic about the issues I ran into with the install, there had not been an O6" install previous to mine and they had no idea there would be issues. SO the work is done, and it was done well. Gordon covered the cost of the welding and when Invidia manufactures the updated 06+ sets he'll replace them for me so I guess no worries on my part.

Power gain is about 6.8 WHP and 8.7 Lbs. of Torque. These numbers were generated on a very conservative full load dyno. Very pleased with the performance. Slight loss at the low end-The Dyno indicates the power comes on around 2,800RPM (originally I thought lower) and continues to pull throughout the range, you can definitely feel the difference. I had big concerns on the sound/DB issue but I am pleasantly surprised, it sounds meatier but definately not too loud as to attract attention. On start up it has an excellent woof, on idle it has a nice rumble and at WOT its what it should be aggressive but not Detroit style.

Really happy that the Lower GT-Spec brace fit. When Kito set it off to the side I was bummed, that's when I got up in there and started pushing things around looking for that 1/2" that would make it happen. If you can't do your own install the second best thing is being there! Also, I wasn't aware of this but Invidia produces a fair amount of high end exhaust systems for Subaru. The shop had done a fair amount of Invidia exhaust installs on racer Subarus, they spoke highly of their exhaust systems but had never installed one on an FX, got to love being the first......

In my last conversation with Invidia they were considering producing HFC's for our rides (35/45), including the 45's.....probably never see headers for my 45, I wonder how it would do with HFC's?

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Awesome write-up and nice to know that INVIDIA stands behind their products...

Just to make sure... an 07 FX35 would have no issues from what you've been told? Correct? Like I said, this looks like the exhaust for me but I don't plan on getting it till the spring or summer...

·
Registered
62 Posts
All years of the FX35 are supposed to bolt right up, I think there was a later model 35 member on IS who installed his system with no issues. A quick PM to Gordon will help clear it up or give him a call 1-626-448-0150. Invidia's marketing plan is not too tight but the product is outstanding, that and the fact that they care makes it all come together (at least it did for me). This thing sounds better everyday...

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Hey Logan... just noticed that in the first picture of the 2 exhausts side by side and then of the installed INVIDIA exhaust, the 2 pipes that would form the Y-pipe on the OEM exhaust were flipped... obviously the way you installed it works but wondering if that was the way the documents showed to install it...

And will PM Gordon with some other questions... thanks for sharing your experience!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think when we pulled it out of the box it just ended up being laid out like that, flex pipe sections should be up next to the cats like on the stock system. I wish that would have been the easy fix......

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Gordon, you're killing me. And here with the Canadian dollar so close to parity... Sigh. I'll have to go to work on the wife...after all, it IS almost Christmas (or, as they call it at the local school, "Evergreen Tree Holidays").

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's right Psychopike, you tell her the deck is done after all. :)

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Doh! I wish I waited a few weeks more till I ordered mine! </3

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Those SS tips look freakin BEAUTIFUL... gonna hafta look under the couch cushions to see how much change I have rattling down there... ooooooo... this is SO tempting!!!

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
forget the exhaust, I wanna know where I can get a PINK swaybar like logans got? :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
The eBay link the1obster post up seller name:assaultech is not our Dealer.

We don't know who is it.fake price I better use eBay factory tool to remove that link

and they don't have our Exhaust Stocking...everytime exhaust is ship from us.

Different between Q300 with Gemini
RESONATORS ADDED
BIGGER X PIPE
2 EXHAUST CANS INSTEAD OF 1
OPTIONAL ROLLED TI TIPS(CURRENT) OR SINGLE WALLED TI TIPS and SS Tips

Thanks
Gordon
www.invidia-usa.com [email protected]
I sent you an email.
Thanks

21 - 35 of 35 Posts