Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, and hoping to pick up a leftover 04 B16 FX before springtime. Anyways, thought I would introduce myself, and then throw out a couple questions I had about some specific dealers to see if you guys had delt with them or had a specific salesman I should ask for when I call on these cars. Skip the the last big paragrah if you don't want to read this other stuff about me :cool:

My backround is in sportscars and grand touring cars, and I have never owned an SUV or XUV or whatever you would like to call it:) I have owned a Defender 90, but I consider that to be 100% different.

Right now I have my single turbo 99 SC300 which is my "nice" car. I also have a daily driver 95 SC400 which I bought for a daily driver (this is being sold for the FX) and a 92 Ford Festiva with a turbo motor swap and small shot (30hp kit) as a winter beater and all around funny thing to own.. [email protected] and 40+ MPG can't be a bad thing, right :) Unfortunately this is also being sold.. Having a 2 car garage and 4 cars (also have my fiances car) doesn't work all that well, so I am downsizing to 3 total cars (Turbo SC3, new FX if I can find the right deal/car, and my fiances car).

So, enough about that.. I am looking for a new 04 B16 FX35 and located a few of them. There is one at the Infiniti dealership in Tulsa and one in Fife, WA (Seattle area). I was hoping someone here had delt with one of these two dealerships and possibly knew how willing to deal they were or if there were specific salesman I should stay away from or certain ones I should try and work with.

I would also be interested in a used 04 FX45 in B16 if the price was right.

Thanks for any help.

Ethan B.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I would recheck to make sure they still have the '04's. This past Holiday weekend all dealerships dumped them before Monday which was the day that 1.9% (36mo) and 2.9%(60mo) loans went into effect on 2005's as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have the one left in tulsa... They will sell at invoice supposedly, but they also admit they are getting the manufacturer kick backs right now. I am thinking I could get it for $1000-$1500 under invoice.

The one problem with that car is no tech (it has touring and sport) and it has chrome wheels which I don't want.

Would $1000-$1500 under invoice be a good price in your guys' opinion?

-Ethan

·
Registered
30 Posts
i would pushed them to sell for less than that. i got mine about $1000 under invoice over the summer. the tech package is nice but i go for non-tech if the price is right. mine is non-tech just because they didn't have any white fx with tech and i really didn't want to wait for one. sure it's nice to have all that gadgets, but it doesn't bother me that much that i don't have the tech package on my car. that's just me, you might think differently. good luck........

·
Registered
319 Posts
For $1k under invoice for a 2004, you would be better off getting a 2005 for $500 over invoice. The dealer should split the depreciation difference with you.

It is a buyers market. Especially now that all FX's have 1.9% and 2.9% Financing.

Why not just get an '05 exactly like you want ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is definitely not a good price. Several months ago I was quoted 1800 under invoice - and that was for one with the tech pkg which usually goes for less of a discount than the non-tech. You can easily pick up an 05 for $500 over invoice - much better deal! Look at the depr. you already have on the 04. Give him a low ball offer and then walk if he won't take it. Personally, I wouldn't have one without the tech - it really makes the car for me! Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.