Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey, just wondering, did anyone else have a problem fitting the 7443 led's into the socket... they seemed like the didnt snap in or fit tight enough. i actually dropped one of the led's into the head light :oops:
took me like 30 mins to fish it out with duct tape :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Ordered mine, should be here by fedex on Thursday.

Jim

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
PrayForSnow said:
hey, just wondering, did anyone else have a problem fitting the 7443 led's into the socket... they seemed like the didnt snap in or fit tight enough. i actually dropped one of the led's into the head light :oops:
Happened to me too. It took me a good hour with a lot of cursing and yelling but finally vacum'ed it out w/ my shop vac. :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'm glad I didn't drop the 7443-15 LEDs into the headlight housing as I would have been acting the same ujmot. I had no problems though I did gently probe for the opening/slots before I fished the bulb back into that dark, obscure area with plastic gloves. I didn't want to scratch the LEDs or leave a bad seal. No,..... I'm not a gynecologist. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
PrayForSnow said:
It happened to me last night. :x I was messing around comparing 15- and 9-bulb 7443s and when the driver's side LED fell from the socket into the housing. Took me about 1 hour with a thin allen wrench and duct tape at the end with the occasional profanity mixed in. Needless to say, that LED is smashed to bits now...:p

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
One thing I realized when I was fitting my 7443-15 LEDs was that I made sure it was a snug fit in the socket before I even tried putting it back. One fit perfectly, while the other had a little play. I double-checked the metal filament on the base and slightly angled (bent) the metal contact to make it fit perfectly. I always check snugness before I attempt to place any bulb back in it's housing as I don't want any vibration to cause it not to function. As a bonus, it prevents lost time and bulbs as well! :wink:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well thanx guys, you made me feel better about myself... I felt like the biggest dick when i did that. My dad came out and was like "what the **** are you doing" i didnt even wanna tell him. After i fished the led out i solved the problem with a lil crazy glue :lol: hey, whatever works right!!

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Tried the 921-9 LEDs for the reverse lights over the weekend and am a bit disappointed in them. Sure they look cool but are WAY dimmer than the stock bulbs. phamgiaj and I had our cars backed up against his garage door about 5ft away and we could barely make out any light hitting the door from the LEDs. The stock bulbs still showed a lot of light. Looks like I'll need to wait for at least 25-bulb LEDs in the 921 mount for it to work.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
geoFX:

I didn't notice that they were dimmer but more directional meaning they create more of a spotlight effect less of a general wide area glow as the OEM bulbs. I like it cause of the cleaner light and it is focused straight back and appears brighter when parking into my dark garage just as my pics show. Oh well, too bad they didn't work out for you.

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Looking straight on the LEDs appear to have the same brightness as the OEM bulbs as you said but that all-important "garage-door" test seemed to indicate a significant decrease in lumens. I agree it definitely looks cool and would be perfect in a 15- or 25-LED configuration. Different strokes for different folks, right? :) Thanks for the info on the other LEDs - installed the interior LEDs Friday and they look real nice - dimmer but definitely cooler.

Next lighting project - under-the-dash LEDs 8)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I just finished intalling the leds' on my fx, but I must say that the back up lights are not as bright as before, but got to love the interior blue/purple lighting especially with the doors open and glowing on the ground, but have to figure out a way to make the reverse lights brighter,

Jim

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
There is room in the back-up light housing for larger configuration of 15+ LEDs. Maybe, I'll go do a search later and see if I can find another high-quality manufacturer that offers 15+ in a 921 bulb config.

I love the back-up light look the best. Ironically, I was wishing the interior bulbs were brighter looking in from the outside, but all of you guys like the interior bulbs best. You will notice that for reading purposes and such, while sitting in the car, you actually gain visibility since say the dome lights focus the light right into your seat. I like the rear hatch LED lighting best for the interior.

·
Registered
329 Posts
ordered....

i order all the LEDs this past saturday...like i have said before in other posts i am not the most handy man out there! but not afraid to try thing

LEDs have shipped already so once i receive them i will DEF. need help from everyone in getting them in varoius places

iwas looking at the back up lights and i have no idea how to get into it!

and while messing around back there i found out i have a FIRST AID KIT IN THE FX!!!
lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
No problem. It's all relatively easy and intuitive. Let us know where you are having problems installing. I small flat-head from a screwdriverset (jewelers/electronics) will help a lot next to the standard phillip's head. A socket wrench for the rear taillight assembly also. That's really all you need.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Hello

1. The back lights are not that hard to remove, for the reverse light its 3 screws and for the turn signal its 2 screws.

2. Did anyone find a brighter back up light in LED?

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
jimsbmw:

It seems like the 9 LED bulb is the highest I've seen at several sites for any type of 921/906/194/168 base. I'll be asking a custom LED place to see if anything can be done to increase the Lumens. I'm sure that you can get brighter LEDs (larger) if not more LEDs though it appears that it may have to be custom. I will ask a custom LED designer/manufacturer who I've communicated with before.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Dave L.

If you do find it, please let me know, many people in Taiwan are also interested in it.

Jim

·
Registered
329 Posts
Mostly...

installed all the interior dome lights and the 7443-15s today

really like the 7443s and the interior is cool too
got the license plate LEDs in too AWESOME!

just need help with getting the backup/reverse lights in

any pics on how to replace this or certain instructions will help i am not the most handy person when it comes to this soo all details will be helpful

and last questoin

what bulb fits in the light under the doors that light up when you open the doors? i forgot to order those will do that soon if someone knows what fits there i think i read 12v 5w if that helps

also any luck with the back up lights getting brighter? instead of 9 led 921 any thing with 15 led 921 base?

THANKS!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The same 3022 4LED festoon bulbs will fit in the underdoor lights. They are slightly wider but still fit nicely. AS far as any 15 LED 921s, I haven't been able to find any. For some reason, 9LEDs is the limit for many manufacturers that offer the 921 bulb. I'll keep looking and asking.

21 - 40 of 211 Posts