Infiniti FX Forum banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hmm, I have a slightly odd problem. Last night I noticed the Map and center Dome LED's are faintly lit when the headlights are turned on. When I shut off the headlights, they stop. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Mmmm is the light just reflecting onto the lenses???

·
Registered
314 Posts
I looked but couldn't find the info I needed so... I just picked up replacement LEDs for the revers and license plate lights on my 2011 '50. I thought I might be able to replace the bulbs without taking down the inside hatch cover, but if someone who's done it can share a quick "how to" I'd appreciate it. I know, I know... I can build a computer but can't change a bulb? LOL!

·
Registered
101 Posts
GroundFX said:
I looked but couldn't find the info I needed so... I just picked up replacement LEDs for the revers and license plate lights on my 2011 '50. I thought I might be able to replace the bulbs without taking down the inside hatch cover, but if someone who's done it can share a quick "how to" I'd appreciate it. I know, I know... I can build a computer but can't change a bulb? LOL!
I can send you a spreadsheet I have with all of the LED replacements. The only ones I could not do were the turn signals, I could not get the correct resistor to work to stop the fast-flashing.

OK, reverse lights:
1. Open the hatch
2. Remove the 4 push pins (careful not to scratch the plastic)
3. If you have the cargo cover you need to remove that as well, held by 2 pins.
4. Remove pull handle, cover should come off.
5. Replace bulbs.

License plate:
1. Open the hatch.
2. Remove plastic cover, 2 push pins.
3. Unscrew light "box" where bulbs are in. You can unplug them to make it easier to work with.
4. Remove cover from box. Careful not to break the tabs.
5. Replace bulbs.

Easy enough, let me know if you get stuck and I can take some pictures.

Most of the interior bulbs are in boxes that you need to pop out. For me, the only tricky ones were the ones set in the ceiling because when putting them back you needed to get the lining back around them.

Also, remember that LED light output will be less than the regular bulbs. For me this was not a big deal because the image on the reverse camera was still good enough to backup.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Re: Interior LEDs, Rear Back-Up & License Plate LEDs....

Thanks... I had hoped there was some easier access. My son did the same on his SRT8... Output on the LEDs are great.

---
Via Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I like the interior change...went really white, which matches the purple-ish of the controls better.
The darned turned signals were a PITA and I could not get them to work.
Infiniti went from an integrated bulb in the prior gen to separate bulbs in this one and decided to make the turns and some others non-LED.

201 - 211 of 211 Posts