Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share some pics of my interior LEDs which are mostly festoon-type 3022 4-LED bulbs. License plate bulbs are WLED-6 wide-angle, white LEDs. I like the interior lighting better as it appears more directed at where you sit for reading and ambience. From the exterior the lighting looks dimmer than stock, but it's not the case when you sit inside. The LED lighting is more of a focused white-blue lighting. I replaced every light bulbs in the interior including the door step lighting. All LEDs are from superbrightleds.com. I got the reference from the enthusiasts here and have spoken to their techs several times in regards to other issues. They carry high-quality LEDs unlike many of the Asian imports. Made here in Missouri, USA.

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics continued:

Some of the pics show a bluer LED which isn't accurate while a whiter stock incandescent bulb. In reality, the stock bulb appears yellowish while the LEDs are bluish-white. License-plate LEDs show great even though it appears that there is a darker area in-between the 2 lights.
The plate is still very easy to read on the streets. Please realize that I took these pics in an unlit drive-way.

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more of the plates, Daylight comparison of the LED vs Stock! I'll post a pic of the 9LED wide-angle back-up lights as soon as all of this rain stops here in Southern, CA. They look brilliant white and fantastic! I like them best out of all of these LEDs as much as the 7443 15LED clearance lights. Only thing left for me to do is replace the side markers with red 9LEDs in the rear and Amber up front.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Very nice. Can you go into more detail about the bulb part #s from superbrightleds for the interior? Also how does the back up LEDs compare to the stock? I am looking for something brighter than stock to help with backing up in dark areas (back up cam gets very grainy in very dark areas).

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
ujmot said:
Very nice. Can you go into more detail about the bulb part #s from superbrightleds for the interior? Also how does the back up LEDs compare to the stock? I am looking for something brighter than stock to help with backing up in dark areas (back up cam gets very grainy in very dark areas).
i dont think that he didn't changed the backup light just the plate light... right?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I think so?

RU_MATRX said:
I'll post a pic of the 9LED wide-angle back-up lights as soon as all of this rain stops here in Southern, CA. They look brilliant white and fantastic! I like them best out of all of these LEDs as much as the 7443 15LED clearance lights.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ujmot:

I felt that the back-up lights were a very brilliant white and look great! No hesitation from me to say that they are brighter than than stock. As far as the grainy night view on the back-up cam, I know what you mean. I believe that the LEDs should help though I don't honestly recall the difference. Don't forget that even though LEDs are more brilliant and intense, they are much more directional (eg. shoot straight back rather than down towards the license plate area). the LEDs are arranged in a honeycomb of 9LEDs pointing 180 degrees away from the base. I'll try to take some pics tonight for you to see with help from my wife.

As far as type of bulbs, I use the Type 921 bulb which tanslates to the 921 Wedge Base 9-LED bulbs in WHITE. 9 LEDs was the highest# of LEDs in the 921 application I saw. They are basically larger bulbs (~2x) using the same 194/169 wedge base.

SuperBrightLEDs.com

"9 LED 921 Type LED bulb replaces 194/168 wedge base car bulbs
Available in White, Blue, Green, Red and Amber LED
measures 1.25 inch long by 0.60 inch diameter polarized bulb"

As for the interior bulbs, it may be based on preference as I stated the lighting is better once you are in the car reading something though it appears significantly dimmer from the entranceway. I personally like it, especially in the cargo area. The bulbs are Type 3175 festoon bulbs that translate to the 3022 4 LEDs in WHITE (they offer 2 and 4 LEDs).

Good Luck and let me know what you think! I'll get the front and rear side marker LEDs soon and post the pics as well.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
for the reverse light what is the bulb type/#?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mushutofu:

The brake lights/back-up lights are what I was referring to a few posts up. All of the details are there.

Here's a daytime pick of the 921 9LED bulb in its housing:

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Geofx and all:

LEDs galore!

Here are the night pics of the back-up lights. The light really is more brilliant white than blue to the human eye, maybe with a slight hint of blue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
RU, those LEDs rock! Looks like I have a nice project for the next couple of weeks. 8)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
can someone please list all the lights model number so this way I can order it easier, especially the reverse light, wow they look so much brighter than stock, need those to reverse out of my garage in the winter time.

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jimsbmw and all,

As requested, I summarized the list of OEM bulb types as well as the upgrades I installed in my FX45 (parenthesis) for your reference. Please note that all LEDs were purchased from superbrightleds.com and reference their catalog#s. SuperbrightLEDs manufacture their own high-quality LEDs in Flourissant , MO. here in the USA.

Infiniti FX45/35:

High-low beam: HID-D2S (8000K Xetronic HID-DS2)
Parking/Clearance Light: 7443 (7443-15 LED WHITE)
Fog-Driving Light: 9006 (9006/HB4 PIAA Super Plasma Spark Blues 7500K)
Front Turn Signal: 7440 (7440 Stealth Chrome/Amber) - You can also go with the LED 7440 equivalent with a load resistor kit.
License Plate: 168 (Type 194/168 WLED-6 WHITE)
Back-up Light: 921 (921 WLED-9 WHITE)
Front/Rear Sidemarker: 194 (Type 194/168 Matching Amber/Red WLED-6 soon)
Map Light: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)
Dome Light: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)
Trunk/Cargo: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)
Other opera lights: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)

Any other lights such as the rear tailights, 3rd brake light, etc. that aren't referenced here already have LEDs as OEM equipment. Also, I've taken the time to add description headers to every pic which I have posted. You'll notice that there are larger# LEDs available from superbrightleds for some of these bulb types, but I've already experimented or checked their specs. They become too big to fit into the light housing even though the base are the same. More LEDS=greater brightness/intensity. I went with the largest # of LEDs I could here so these are optimized!

Cumulatively, I hope this makes it much easier for everyone to choose/experiment with the bulbs that they like on their FXs.

Have fun and good luck!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I can See that's well done. Thank you (pun intended) :idea:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
RU_MATRX said:
jimsbmw and all,

As requested, I summarized the list of OEM bulb types as well as the upgrades I installed in my FX45 (parenthesis) for your reference. Please note that all LEDs were purchased from superbrightleds.com and reference their catalog#s. SuperbrightLEDs manufacture their own high-quality LEDs in Flourissant , MO. here in the USA.

Infiniti FX45/35:

High-low beam: HID-D2S (8000K Xetronic HID-DS2)
Parking/Clearance Light: 7443 (7443-15 LED WHITE)
Fog-Driving Light: 9006 (9006/HB4 PIAA Super Spark Blues 7500K)
Front Turn Signal: 7440 (7440 Stealth Chrome/Amber) - You can also go with the LED 7440 equivalent with a load resistor kit.
License Plate: 168 (Type 194/168 WLED-6 WHITE)
Back-up Light: 921 (921 WLED-9 WHITE)
Front/Rear Sidemarker: 194 (Type 194/168 Matching Amber/Red WLED-6 soon)
Map Light: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)
Dome Light: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)
Trunk/Cargo: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)
Other opera lights: 3175 (3022 4-LED Festoon WHITE)

Any other lights such as the rear tailights, 3rd brake light, etc. that aren't referenced here already have LEDs as OEM equipment. Also, I've taken the time to add description headers to every pic which I have posted. You'll notice that there are larger# LEDs available from superbrightleds for some of these bulb types, but I've already experimented or checked their specs. They become too big to fit into the light housing even though the base are the same. More LEDS=greater brightness/intensity. I went with the largest # of LEDs I could here so these are optimized!

Cumulatively, I hope this makes it much easier for everyone to choose/experiment with the bulbs that they like on their FXs.

Have fun and good luck!
Thanks for the info RU its very helpfull.

Jim

·
Registered
220 Posts
Nicely done.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

1 - 20 of 211 Posts