Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
was born into Auto Industry and earnt my pocket money detailing cars for my dad.

Been a Zaino user for nearly two years now.

Two questions though.

First, what do you guys use to clean the dash and non-leather surfaces???? Zaino dos'nt do it for me here. Tried sample of 303 Aerospace but not 100% happy with that either.

Second., always loved Zaino Liquid Leather (but am out) but am concerned about a liquid of any kind and the perforated seats. I am sure the holes will soak anything inside. ANy good "wipes"? What do you guys use?

Thanks,
Nick

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yep, the holes will get clogged with zaino. My Mercedez had perforated seats and they would get plugged up. Now I don't have perforated seats (04) and use Zaino. It does leave a slight shine which I'm not crazy about. It didn't do that on the Benz. The leather would soak up anything I put on it. The Fx seems to dry on top of the surface so have to be much more careful with my application or it shows. I have seen a leather wipe by Armor-All, I believe, but don't have any experience with it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See Pep Boys has Lexol Leather wipes on sale. Anyone use them? Anygood?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Use Vinylex on the dash and plastic parts (available in wipes too). It blows armor-all away. Not cheap looking and not too shiny. I use Lexol wipes for the seats and they are good too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use Einszett products for tires and the dash.
It is very high quality, imported from Germany...

For the dash, Cockpit Premium. It is not only a "dressing", but also has UV protection AND anti-static agents.
"CP" looks natural on your dash and plastic parts, no greasy, reflection in the windshield.

For tires, I love the Einszett Tiefenphleger, looks great and also provides protection from dry rot and harmfull UV rays.

For leather, Zaino, Einszett and my "own special blend", (not on the market)

Hope this helps:)
Email or PM for more info...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, patience is NOT my strong point lol
So could'nt wait to order online (where many specialty cleaners are most accessible).
So, went to ACE Hardware and bought some 303 Aerospace Protectant and the Pep Boys and bought some Lexol Leather Conditioner Wipes and some Lexol Vinylx Wipes.

Gonna do more Zaino (Z2 pro this time as it arrived late thur.) and interior this weekend. Then we will see how well I did :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
No problem:)
All are good choices...,
The 303 is a bit bright on the dash for me and collects more dust than "CP", but it is a very good product.

Zaino is top notch!! (I was under the impression it was mostly mail order, although some are lucky enough to live by a distributor)

The wipes are ok for "touch-ups" and routine maintenance, so all good choices:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used a "terry cloth" applicator pad to apply then lightly buffed with a microfiber towel.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
guys, i use the zaino leather in a bottle on my perf seats and even tho it clogs in some of the holes as i apply, it absorbs into the leather in a couple of minutes and no issues and no re-squeezing out when i sit on the seats right after.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Judge said:
I use Wizards on dash, tires and body plastic trim. Dries non-oily and leaves a natural, durable satin finish. Application technique is the key though.
http://store.wpsracing.com/wivishdrandp.html
I've tried many of the products spoken of ^ above also. Currently I find that 303 is fabulous for just about everything. :shock: After seeing those pics. ^ above from Judge, I'm interested in hearing from others who use Wizards Vinyl Shine also. http://wizardsproducts.com/Merchant2/me ... gory_Code=
Another fine product from them also is
http://wizardsproducts.com/Merchant2/me ... gory_Code=

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.