Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while i was at the dealer this weekend picking up the G35, i was talking with the sales guy about the future realeses of the FX. now, he obviously doesnt have a phone going to inifniti HQ or anything, but he has been there for quite a while, and attends internal infiniti sponsored events, etc... so i figure his "rumors" are as good as any. he was saying that ,from what he had been hearing internally, that the following *may* be in the works:

1) first, the FX's first major redesign will most likely be in 07 (not next year).

2) he said that there are rumors of making a new suspension version for the FX35 so that there would be a super cushy riding version in addition to the current versions.

3) the FX may now share the modified FM platform of the M.

4) he said that there was talk about possibly pushing the fx in an even more sporty direction and introducing a mid size SUV to fill the void of the QX4. according to him, even though the FX sells really well, there have been a lot of folks bitching about the lack of a QX4 type replacement.

5) no word on the real important stuff though like body design, power train, and interior.

it should be interesting to see what comes out in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:
2) he said that there are rumors of making a new suspension version for the FX35 so that there would be a super cushy riding version in addition to the current versions.
<twitch>

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kcrudup said:
bradical said:
<twitch>
he then mentioned that it was in direct response to feedback they got from women. basically they liked the FX35 better than the RX330, but the ride was too rough. it looks like they may try to get some of that demographic.

thought you'd like that :lol:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:
It looks like they may try to get some of that demographic.
<grumble>

I just wish (pipe dream, I know- money is money) they'd keep the integrity of the FX- if you want a cushy ride, get a Lexus instead!

This reminds me of when they put a slushbox in the Taurus SHO for the same reasons.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I doubt very much they'd be coming up with replacement for QX4. Because A: Infiniti is pretty much done with cross-badging, and B: It'll take a pile of $$$$$ to develop a stand-alone Infiniti offroader with no guarantee of a sales success. Besides, the marque is doing well as is, thank you very much.
In terms of coming up with a rival to the - gulp - wifeymobile i.e. RX330, again, it'll clash with Infiniti's image of a Japanese BMW. You want tofu suspension with every driver undefeatable safety aid under the sun ? Fine, go buy a Lexus.
Finally, multi-mode suspensions - due to complexity - tend to be a rather expensive affair. Although, if Infiniti were to make'em optional - say for a $2-3K premium - I can see some buyers opting for'em.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well....like i said, this info is only as good as the source. the sales guy basically just told me what rumors they are hearing. rumors may be all they are.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My wife and I are both in our 50's and my wife loves her FX35 with the Sport package. She drove the standard FX with 18's and did not like the feel of it. Guess I'm lucky she likes a car that handles.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my fiance likes a real sports car ride too and thats why she opted for the G35 coupe with the 19" wheels and sport suspension. it rides firm and there is wheel noise. i asked her a number of times if that was going to be an issue with her, but i think she can feel how it handles in quick lane changes and stuff and thats what she likes. ....plus i think she thinks it looks cooler too even though she wont directly admit that the big rims make the G look like a race car :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
bradical said:
....plus i think she thinks it looks cooler too even though she wont directly admit that the big rims make the G look like a race car :D
From what I saw in your pics, her rims make the ride. You don't notice the rougher ride when you're spending your time thinking about how cool you look. :lol:

I'm planning on keeping my FX45 through 2007. It's fun to start thinking about what they might do to keep me coming back for more. 8)

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
are X3s and X5s as stiff as an fx? cuz I see tons of soccer moms driving those and they don't seem to mind.

the fx is pretty aggressive looking, unlike the rx, so if infiniti wants a soccer mom suv then make something new, don't Fizz*ck up the FX.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have stated many times that I think the ride in mine is GREAT and don't understand the complaints.

Don't mess with it - I like the ride A LOT better than the RX330 - that's just too mushy for me! :p :lol:

If they want to make one to appeal to that crowd, fine, but make it an FX15 or something! :shock:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i hope he is full of it when it comes to the suspension....the hard thing to tell is that everyone that joins this site, bought the FX and loves it becuase of the way it _is_. there may be a lot of folks who would buy one if it was softer. its all about the money baby! :lol:

all i can say is that if they build a "softer" suspension, they better build a "high performance" suspension too ;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Look at the history of Sport type vehicles over the years. Corvette, Mustang, Camaro/Firebird, RX-7, 240Z to 350Z, and the Thunderbird to name a few.

They all started out performance based and over time they became bloated shadows (power windows, seats, steering, sunroofs, A/C, softer suspension, more sound deadening, etc. all of which added weight) of what they once were. You have a few examples where they reverted back to the performance vehicle but never all the way back. I will be willing to bet that our beloved FX's will suffer the same fate.

All it takes is that one person telling the saleman that they are not going to buy it because of the ride and he thinks, I lost a sale because it's not a smooth ride. That is the type of feedback the manufactures hear. Unfortunately there are not enough of us that inform the dealer/saleman that we are buying the car because of the handling. The manufacture is after market share and there are a lot more buyers looking for the appearence of a sport vehicle that still has all the comforts of their Barkolounger (I know it's not spelled right, but I don't feel like looking it up right now :lol: ) at home.

I know, it kind of spoils it for the rest of us. :(

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Having come to the FX from both an Audi allroad, and the VW Touareg... The one thing I really miss is the adjustable air suspension. Having the variable height and damping was really awesome. I would heavily consider trading for a new FX if they offered it.

-Andy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.