Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about taking the guts of the Intelligent Remote and putting it in a new and THINNER case? I took mine apart and without the real key in the unit it could easily be one half as thick. I'm looking around now for other remotes of similar length and width (but thinner) to install the electronics in.

I never use the buttons on the remote and as far as the real key, I'll just hide it somewhere on the underside of the car for emergencies.....

I know this may seem silly to some but I really don't like to carry this thing in my pocket.

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Hey, that's not a bad idea. Keep up posted!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
That's not a bad idea, either- I never use the buttons nor the key. I'll look into it- one of my clients has a full plastics shop; with a couple of greased palms I might be able to come up with something "cute".

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
kcrudup said:
That's not a bad idea, either- I never use the buttons nor the key. I'll look into it- one of my clients has a full plastics shop; with a couple of greased palms I might be able to come up with something "cute".
If fabricating something, it shouldn't be too difficult to integrate buttons then. The only thing I'm afraid of is that occasionally (pretty rare), my exterior unlock buttins will not respond the the presence of the intellikey and I have to hit the unlock button on the fob. I laso sometimes use the lock button if I've walked away from the car a bit without locking it so I don't have to walk back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts