Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

the battery died, and after recharging it, I tried to start it but the engine won't even crank. The intelligent key warning light is continuously on. Pushing the start button with the brake pedal pressed, takes it back to the off position without even cranking the engine. The manual says to take it to the dealer if this light is on, but the engine won't start to drive it.

Any ideas of how to overcome this, and start it to get to the dealership?

Thanks....

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts
Re: Intelligent Key warning light on, engine doesn't start,

Did you try with the key in the slot?

What year?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It is a 2009.

Yes, I did try it with thee key in the slot, the warning lamp is still on, and pushing the start button takes it back to the off position. The car locks and unlocks with no problem with the key.

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts

Hmmm. Maybe try and disconnect the battery and let it sit for a few and reconnect it and try again. Something maybe that the dealer needs to check. Did you try any other intelligent keys? Maybe the key you are using lost program somehow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Disconnected the battery, but still the same thing... I guess I'll have to call a tow track and take it to the dealership...

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts

Don't call a tow truck. Call the dealer and tell them to make arrangements TODAY or call Infiniti Roadside Assistance. Getting reimbursed for the tow truck will probably be a b*tch

·
Premium Member
771 Posts

Does the 2009 come with an actual physical key of any kind? I vaguely recall a forum member having a similar issue with his 1st gen, and locking/unlocking the driver door with the key somehow reset everything and vroom vroom.

EDIT: found the post in my own "no start" thread from August. Simply using the unlock button on the driver door did the trick for him, but his engine was cranking and it sounds like yours won't even do that. Sorry, I see a tow truck in your future...

·
Premium Member
10,645 Posts

Yea get the dealer to come get it or roadside assistance which is included with your new vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Well... the problem seems to have been weather related. The battery died while on vacation, and the car was not started for about 10 days. Over that period temperatures have dropped up to -22 deg. C (~ -8 deg. F). In any event, I didn't manage to get to the dealer, and this past weekend temperatures rose to -5 deg. C (~ 23 deg. F), and it started with no problems. I don't know if a sensor on the Intelligent Key system froze, or if some other preventive mechanism was stopping the car from starting. I didn't face such a problem last winter, when the car hadn't been started for more than a week. Of course, the battery hadn't died.

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts

My FX is slightly different than that in that it will crank when it's cold but has a REAL hard time starting. I got home last night and was worried when it took that extra half second of cranking to start ... and it was only 23 degrees! In previous years it would give me a hard time below 10 and one time last winter it took me probably 4 tries to start when it was 4 degrees. I guess I'll be carrying jumpers because I've already seen the jumper pack is useless. That thing couldn't even bring to life my track car after it had sat for 20 minutes with a completely dead battery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i hv the same problem with the intelligent warning light on, n not able to start the car, tried many time slot the key but it dun works,n notice the ignition switch blinking , pls helps and many thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

the battery died, and after recharging it, I tried to start it but the engine won't even crank. The intelligent key warning light is continuously on. Pushing the start button with the brake pedal pressed, takes it back to the off position without even cranking the engine. The manual says to take it to the dealer if this light is on, but the engine won't start to drive it.

Any ideas of how to overcome this, and start it to get to the dealership?

Thanks....
I'm dealing with the same problem I was driving down the street my car blanked out during a storm. I pulled over to the side of the road and cut the car off and cut it back on initially it will not start after a few tries it started then I got a little worried I drove to the gas station I cut it back off and it would not start for 20 minutes I took the battery off I put the key in the slot there was nothing coming from the engine I'm unsure what this problem is but if there's this many people with this issue it should be a recall I have a 2009 FX35 and yes they do come with push start and a key fob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts