Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out today that the ICC does not set if you are in manual mode. As soon as you move the shifter back to D it will set. Also if you have ICC set in D mode, and you shift the lever to the right into manual mode, it disengages and you get a beep similar to when you get to close to a car in front when the ICC is on. Wonder why as i've had cruise control on other manual vehicles :scratch: .

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... didnt try that. Have to check that mode.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
johnmax said:
Just found out today that the ICC does not set if you are in manual mode.
No cruise options work in Manumatic mode.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
On another thought,

I wish you could set the cruise for over 100 mph :roll: I can not believe that you can only set it up to 95 mph.

I love the ICC, I use it all the time. It is the coolest when it slams on the brakes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
kcrudup said:
johnmax said:
That's not true. Cars without ICC allow cruise control in manual mode. The cruise control disablement for cars with ICC seems to be all or nothing. It's too bad that an add-on option like ICC actually takes away a function as well.

·
Registered
848 Posts
dinofx35 said:
kcrudup said:
johnmax said:
That's not true. Cars without ICC allow cruise control in manual mode. The cruise control disablement for cars with ICC seems to be all or nothing. It's too bad that an add-on option like ICC actually takes away a function as well.
I think Kenny meant that none work for the FX

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
I think Kenny meant that none work for the FX
Wrong. I'm talking about FXes without the Technology package. I had a loaner FX and the cruise control worked fine while in manual shifting mode.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm trying to envision a situation where I'm driving along in full Intelligent Cruise mode, and yet I am in need of (or want) use of the manual shift mode. Seems like if I'm using ICC, I'm in my full "let the car do it's thing" mode, and am very unlikely to want to start downshifting on my own. That being said, if ICC is engaged, and I then for whatever reason decide to switch over to manual shift mode, I assume the cruise disengages at that point. Does it also shut off entirely, or does it retain the stored speed in memory for "resume" if I switch back to full auto trans mode? Maybe I'll go try that at lunch today.

Ron

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
RSSFX said:
[if] I then for whatever reason decide to switch over to manual shift mode, I assume the cruise disengages at that point. Does it also shut off entirely, or does it retain the stored speed in memory for "resume" if I switch back to full auto trans mode?
Yeah, both cruise modes retain their speed in Manumatic mode, as long as you don't turn off cruise with the steering-wheel switch.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, both cruise modes retain their speed in Manumatic mode, as long as you don't turn off cruise with the steering-wheel switch.
Perfect! This allows you to cruise along in full auto/ICC mode; switch over to manual shift mode when desired, where we'll want to control throttle input manually also, then switch back to full auto, and re-engage the cruise to resume the previous speed setting. I can't see any real issue with this setup. Am I missing something here?

Ron

·
Registered
176 Posts
RSSFX said:
I can't see any real issue with this setup. Am I missing something here?

Ron
Yes, cars with Technology package are missing a feature that the base model has. i.e., the ability to engage CC once you've manually shifted into (presumably) 5th-gear. Not a deal-breaker though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I guess I just don't get how this would be a *feature*. I believe that when engaging the cruise control, automatic control of shifting would be the most desireable mode. I think it's more a matter of point of view... we could say the base model lacks the *feature* of automatically disabling the cruise control when manual shift is selected.

Like you say, not a deal-breaker, but I guess I don't see how it would ever be a desireable function. Every manual trans vehicle with cruise I've ever driven disables cruise as soon as the clutch pedal is moved. Why should manual-matic shifting be any different?

Ron

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
dinofx35 said:
RSSFX said:
I can't see any real issue with this setup. Am I missing something here?

Ron
Yes, cars with Technology package are missing a feature that the base model has. i.e., the ability to engage CC once you've manually shifted into (presumably) 5th-gear. Not a deal-breaker though.
This has got to be the first case of non-Tech envy I've ever seen. :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts