Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and couldn't find any comments on the intelligent cruise control feature.

If you have it, I would appreciate your input before I talk to my dealer.

I just completed a 600 mile road trip, all highway driving and was very impressed with this feature. I have one problem / observation that could use more opinions.

More often than not, with nothing in front of me and when passing a tractor trailer rig, motor home or other large vehicle on the left the radar would lock in on the truck and try to slow down to match its speed. Sometimes the radar lock would break on it's own, other times I had to move way to the left to get it to release the large vehicle even though it wasn't directly in front of me. This can be really annoying. Does anyone know of any adjustments for the radar?

With this one exception, I love the feature and it works great.

Feedback please?? 8)

SweetFX may want to move this to problems. I wasn't sure it would get noticed there.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Silver Bullet said:
This can be really annoying. Does anyone know of any adjustments for the radar?
Nope- and they even warn about this in the manual.

However, you can override it when this happens by just giving it more gas at the time 'till you pass the truck.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I have a hard time explaining this one, but you have 3 adjustments levels (the dashes on the car icon). I cant excatly remember but I think you hold down the set button on the right side. I know I am off on this, but it is the manual.

I keep mine on 3 dashes (the farthest away) but I know what you mean. I agree with Kenny, just speed up when that happens.

IMO the ICC is the best part of the car. I use it all the time.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I keep mine on 3 dashes (the farthest away)
Urgh! I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate that setting- I can't stand the folks who keep that kind of space between cars and I'll be damned if I "drive" like that myself!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
When I keep the space open and loose like that, someone is bound to cut in front of me, so I keep it on 1 dash, or just use normal cruise and Nobody usually dares to cut in, the grill is too intimidating.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
kcrudup said:
Sweet Fx said:
I keep mine on 3 dashes (the farthest away)
Urgh! I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate that setting- I can't stand the folks who keep that kind of space between cars and I'll be damned if I "drive" like that myself!
Perhaps it's a LA traffic vs. Midwest traffic difference. In heavy to moderate traffic I keep it set on the closest setting (wish there was an even closer setting too), but on trips with sparser traffic, I often bump it up a setting or two (to avoid the original poster's issue).

·
Registered
3,159 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have the same problem. I mentioned it to the dealer last time I was there and they cleaned the sensor and told me that's what is usually causing it. But I doubted it. They told me to bring it back in for adjustment if it still does it. It still does. So I'm going to bring it in tomorrow for the 2 hour adjustment.

See my post about this at this thread: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2853

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Right next to the On/Off button.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I only use ICC if I want to drive more leasurely. Otherwise, I set mine at manual cruise.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I prefer Manual, it lets those who Cut-In front of you know to Move or Speed-up, whereas ICC slows you down so those Idiots Never move over. :shock: Any way to make the switch default to Manual first, ICC second? (hold 2-seconds)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Accroding to the service manual, ICC laser beam adjustment requires use of the Consult II and an "ICC target board"

Outline of Adjustment Procedure AKS006YK -
1. Set up the ICC target board [KV99110100 (J-45718)].
2. Adjust the sensor following the procedure on CONSULT-II (Turn manually the screw for up-down position
adjustment. ICC sensor automatically adjust the right-left position.)...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
topguy said:
I only use ICC if I want to drive more leisurely
Same here. It annoys me too much with the huge gap (even at the lowest setting) and all the braking. I'm glad the guts of the ICC is also used by the "Brake Preview" feature, 'cause I'd never use ICC otherwise (the one time I did really use it was when I was stuck on a road that was 20 miles of No-Passing Zone (Hwy 18 in the Mohave Desert) and I was stuck behind the world's slowest 18-wheeler convoy.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gtxjoe said:
Accroding to the service manual, ICC laser beam adjustment requires use of the Consult II and an "ICC target board"

Outline of Adjustment Procedure AKS006YK -
1. Set up the ICC target board [KV99110100 (J-45718)].
2. Adjust the sensor following the procedure on CONSULT-II (Turn manually the screw for up-down position
adjustment. ICC sensor automatically adjust the right-left position.)...
Thanks, this is what I was hoping for (and what make this such a fantastic forum). I will print this and take it with me to the dealer. All I want is a little adjustment of the beam to the left so it will quit seeing the big trucks in the right lane.

I too like to keep the shortest following distance setting, but when you come up quickly on a slow moving vehicle this can be a little un-nerving.

Thanks for all the input. 8)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
also note that on a given distance setting, the actual distance seems to vary with the speed you are traveling.

if im going 35 on a back road and IICd at the closest setting to a car in front of me, im pretty **** close to them! yet if im going 80 on the highway and at a the same clostest setting, i have more room.

its almost like it goes by the 2 second rule as i can count 2 seconds on the closest setting no matter what speed...which means to me that the distance is obviously greater when moving faster.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bradical said:
also note that on a given distance setting, the actual distance seems to vary with the speed you are traveling.
That's interesting. I hadn't noticed it, but I will pay closer attention. It only makes sense if they tied this into the vehicle speed. The manual only talks about approximate distances for the three settings.

gtxjoe said:
ICC sensor automatically adjust the right-left position.)...
I also just caught after re-reading gtxjoe's post that the left/right setting is automatic. So, I might be SOL hoping to adjust the beam to the left. I will ask the dealer anyhow and post the results. 8)

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:
its almost like it goes by the 2 second rule as i can count 2 seconds on the closest setting no matter what speed
Ah! That's why I hate it so. The "two-second rule" is for Grandmothers!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.