Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to order Falken Ziex STZ-04 tires today from my distributor and they did'nt have any in the oem size in either the STZ-04 or STZ-01. But they did have a plus size 275/55/20. He said they are an inch wider and taller. While they might look alot better than the oem size, I am worried about rubbing and throwing off the speedo. Maybe someone here has put them on?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't get them. I was just thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
johnmax said:
I didn't get them. I was just thinking about it.
-phew- scared me for a second. Did they know this is a hyperformance SUV, not just an ordinary truck. FX got speed you know, or maybe they just want to make $$$ and sell you what ever they have in house. :roll:

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I have snow going on up here. I think these were the best all around i can find. The goodyears suck, and the Proxies aren't very good in the snow.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
2Fast4U said:
-phew- scared me for a second. Did they know this is a hyperformance SUV, not just an ordinary truck. FX got speed you know
I'm confused- why do you say this about 275/55/20- because of the wrong overall revs/mile? It's not that far off from the stock dub params.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Falken 275 55 20

Did you/anyone end up getting this size? If so, any problems? I like the idea of a little more sidewall. I believe it is an overall difference of 1.4 inches in diameter or .7 inch more sidewall and .4 inches wider.

According to the tire size calculator its merely a 2% change at the speedometer and the dealer mechanic told me it would not really effect the car outside of handling, which in my opinion for day to day LI suburban commute - the difference would be laughable at most

Opinions?

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.