Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iinstalled a b&m oil cooler with a thermostat switch that activates the fan @ 176 degrees and shuts off @ 140. There is a sandwhich addaptor part #189 from permacool that goes between the engine oil filter housing and the filter that there is a in out fittings.
I mounted the 11x8 by 3 1/2 thick cooler in front of the drivers side wheel behind the bumper. had to remove the bumper assembly and remove that air bottle that was under the air box (served no pupose once CAI box installed.
I now use a fram ph8a ford small block filter with 1/2 inch hydrolic lines that are rated for 300 degrees and 250psi.
I took pics of install and will post when I can.
The oil stays nice and cool and engine life is increased by 40%. the fan is running for about 5 min every 15 min doing its job!
whole install takes about 3 hrs and you add one extra court of oil. Couldnt hurt to get the oil pan spacer as well . Any questions pm me or if you want me to order you all the parts and do the install that can be arranged as well. It costs about 325$ in parts and i will work for food! :lol: I am in SI NY and I know some of you fxers from LI and NY,PA are not soo far away if you want to get this done. I am sure a shop will bang you out for about 500+$.
PS if you look at your oil filter housing and you see a black rubber hose running to it , that is not oil it is antifreeze running through the filter housing, this is the only form of cooling the the fx has.
well hope you do this mod for the VQs sake.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My I have your contact info?
I want ot remove oil cooler in order to replace my radiator support myself. But there are two tube I can't remove. I really need your help! Thx very much!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
You are replying to a 7 year old post, and that member is no longer here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts