Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am lookin to change the exhaust tips on my FX35...just curious what the inlet size is so i can get new tips?
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
2.5" I think, but don't quote me on it. You're referring to the pipe size that leads to the tips, right? You do realize that to replace the tips, the stock ones will have to be cut off and the new ones welded on, right?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
2.5" I think, but don't quote me on it. You're referring to the pipe size that leads to the tips, right? You do realize that to replace the tips, the stock ones will have to be cut off and the new ones welded on, right?
heh ... i didnt even realize that! :shock: ... for some reason i thought they were clamped on :?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Yes you have to cut the tip off and weld or some people screw on the new tips.

Jim

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, i am aware of that....no biggie, that wouldnt void any type of warranty right? i dont wanna do anything that is gonna mess with the warranty.

reason i want new tips is cuz a guy that works near me has 4.5" tips and they look gorgeous! i thought the stock tips looked good, but these look WAY better...i am definitely gonna be doin the tips soon....just wanted to know the inlet size (the size of the pipe that goes to the tips)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
General rule of thumb (congressional act, actually) is that any modification to your car cannot void your warranty unless it can be proven that the modification caused the specific problem you're trying to get fixed under warranty. That said, certain dealers can still make your life ****, so it's a good idea to be on good terms with your service dept. Lots of us here have all kinds of mods and haven't had any issues of this type.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Robby said:
reason i want new tips is cuz a guy that works near me has 4.5" tips and they look gorgeous! i thought the stock tips looked good, but these look WAY better...i am definitely gonna be doin the tips soon....just wanted to know the inlet size (the size of the pipe that goes to the tips)
Robby,
Do you have pix for the tips?

·
Registered
882 Posts
i've got two 4" tips for sale...they are from magnaflow. Double walled angle cut.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Diameter = Circumference / Pi

Pi ~ 3.14159265

1 - 14 of 14 Posts