Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm the new rep for Injen Technology, so I would like to start by introducing myself, Duy Le. I'm here as an extension of Injen to clear or answer any questions you guys might have!

Now on to the exciting news, the long awaited development of the cold air and short ram intake system for the FX35 AWD is now available! We are proud to introduce this item, as it will be a great performance addition to your FX35! RD1995 Cold air intake system, which can be also converted to a short ram. I will be posting images of the systems here on the forum for all to see very shortly.

If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesistate to shoot me an email or leave a message! You can reach me at [email protected].

*Please note, interest in purchasing the item can be done through our authorized dealers*

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Welcome aboard! PLEASE POST PICS of the product!! :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
Injentek,
Welcome. Can you tell us if anything is in the works for the FX45 ?

You would move a few of them as there is nothing else available.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Thread moved to the appropriate sub-forum (and duplicate thread deleted) by me. ok, so I do the house cleaning, but I DON"T DO WINDOWS (other than the FX's of course). 8)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Re: Injen Technology Rep- Injentech

injentech said:
the long awaited development of the cold air and short ram intake system for the FX35 AWD is now available!
What's up with the "AWD"? It's all the same under the hood, whether you have a RWD or AWD FX35. Are you just stating that b/c that's what the testing was done on?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
could we see a pic. of it installed? ...and would the Z - tube mod. still be needed as on the stillen CAI ($199) ? thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but I have 2 questions:

1. As a "Dyno Proven Performance Product", would you mind showing us the dyno results for your CAI on a FX35?

2. Would it be possible to see the installation instructions? I'm guessing it's relatively easy but it would be nice to be able to directly compare the process with competing CAI systems.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Dynos would be nice.

From the looks of the picture is seems like all you did was extend piping from a g35/350Z application. That being said the R&D costs must have been minimal for the FX application and yet the cost is pretty expensive compared to CAI for other vehicles such as for acuras and such. Are you guys going to lower the price?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I agree - if it was cheaper, it would sell very, very well.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Yesterday I noticed that Walmart sells a CAI for civics and del Sols for about $50 (I used to have a del Sol so it caught my attention). As far as quality goes, I'm sure it doesn't compare to Injen, Stillen, JWT, etc., but it kinda puts things into perspective IMO.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I agree that in automotive applications you get what you pay for.

But, aluminum tubing is aluminum tubing. I understand R&D costs this and that add to the price but sometimes those costs seem a little ridiculous. It seems like sometimes parts cost more becuase the vehicle costs more and ususally the owner's have deeper pockets. I know that there are a lot more factors into deciding the cost and msrp of a product but sometimses it seems like a bunch of shananagans from the manufacturers.

I'm not bashing on injen whatsoever. They make good products. I've owned their intakes before.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
could we see a pic. of it installed? ...and would the Z - tube mod. still be needed as on the stillen CAI ($199) ? thank you.
You can in a couple of weeks. No Z tube neccessary.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
a n t i c i p a t i o n...wonder if it is cleaner better slicker etc. than stillen, hope the real world price is more in line with stillen + Z- tube @ $200 - $225., can it also be hooked up to work with the stillen super charger? ...just in case i get stupid and walk that path.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts