Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Now i know you guys are all looking for different exhausts and are always looking at new options.... well, here a new on for you guys and gals out there who want to throw on an exhaust from the G35.... Enjoy!...

Q: What do I need to make an exhaust for a G35 fit onto my FX?
A: Assuming that the AWD tranny doesn't get in the way, the
exhaust for the G35 coupe should fit with 2 small
modifications:

1.) We know that once the exhuast is installed, in order for
the tips to reach, you must have the section just before
the tips extended a couple inches in order to get them
as desired, based on prefference, thus length of the
custom extension will be based upon prefference.

P.S. If you are gonna upgrade the exhaust it is so highly recommended to upgrade to an aftermarket Y-Pipe like we do with the G35's.... the Y-Pipe upgrade which should fit on the FX just fine, would have gains of upt to 16-18 rwhp!!!....

-Alex B.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Alex,

Will there be any benefit to upgrade the Y-pipe while using the stock FX35 exhaust?

Also, I have a CAI, should I get the plenum (I did read your post re the Crawford and APS) first or the Y-pipe?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sincity, the y-pipe will add some horsies....but nowhere near as much as if you combined it with an exhaust..... Remember, gasses expand ass they exit...so the more constant or if the diameter of the piping icreases as it goes back, will increase flow..... where the y-pipe would increase flow only to throw in into a bottleneck and then eventually out.....

-Alex B.

·
Registered
882 Posts
for the most part 350Z exhaust are same as G35 except it is a little shorter from the cats to the exhaust after the y-pipe. YOu need an extension of about 6" to install a axle back ecxhaust from a 350Z to a g35c.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts