Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new FX35 from the dealer with the standard warranty. What mods can i do without voiding the warranty if any, specifically can i do engine mods. thanks for your help guys this is my first car and i am new to the customization world.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
You should be fine with just about any bolt-ons; just kind of put feelers out with your service dept. and see if you think they'll give you a hard time about it. Technically mods cannot void your warranty unless they cause a failure and are proved to be the culprit, then only that will not be covered; it won't void your entire warranty. Lots of us have mods and have no trouble at all with our service depts about them.

Welcom to the board and start browsing the '35 engine mods forum! 8)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Modz? ...I have no stinkin' modz! :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot ive been viewing the boards the last few days and have been amazed at how nice everybody seems. I look foward to being a part of the community. Id love suggestions on mods (engine related) and am open to any comments. Also im not up on all the customizing language is there any glossary i can look at?

Pinitti you will be glad to know im getting pinstriping on my ride and will be supporting the local artist. i really like what youve done to your Fx

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
No glossary to speak of, though not a bad idea. Just check out the threads you're interested in and ask questions when you're ready. As for things to look into on the engine performance side:

-Crawford plenum
-Stillen or JWT Popcharger intake
-Z-tube (used with intake)
-UR crank pulley
-high flow cats
-headers
-exhaust
-supercharger

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seeing as you have an array of aftermarket parts on your fx, i would like to know what you started with and which parts you feel were the most efficient price wise. I dont think ill be supercharging anytime soon seeing as i will be splitting my funds between sound system and perfromance parts. I was thinking of spending around 3-4 thousand on parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts