Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys, was wondering if I want to make the infiniti logo by the door to glow like RX, how to do so? The logo i am refering to is the one's when we open the door and see at the side of our seats with infiniti written on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
you mean the door sill logo on the aluminum trim?

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
The RX door sill glows? Is this an aftermarket thing? My parents have an 04 RX330 and I don't recall seeing anything like that.

There was a discussion on My350Z.com a while back about custom making one but I think it turned out to be too difficult.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
If we are talking about the same one, the new Lexus RX called it as Illuminated Entry system available in any options package. It's a very light blue color and if I remeber correctly, the new Acura RL has 1 too but comes as standard.
There some companies make them for Mercedes, SEARCH.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys my friends lexus rx330 is with tech onli....basically the wordings glow when the door is opened...orange in color....was wondering if such modification can be done on my new FX...thanks

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
It is basically electroluminescent lighting. Indiglo like in watches. They have them on benzes too. A wafer thin strip of material that glows when it is energized. It then glows out of the cut out sill plates. you could probably cut out the infiniti logo on the door sill plates (sounds like fun) and then put the EL material behind it and power it up off of the domelight circuit. I have used Electrik Decals before (not this way though) and it could probably be done. I don't know if the 3"x5" size they offer is big enough though. Someone must make this stuff in a bigger size and other colors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes what JUDGE posted was correct...but i want the original piece be there...instead of framing it up like in the pic....was wondering if its possible and whether there'll be cables or stuff like those visible? thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
or.. how about something that projects "INFINITI" down onto the ground (from the underside of the door?) when you open the door to get in or out..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the glow projects down would be too extreme i think.......just want the ones on the Lexus RX300.......the wordings light up when the door's open...orange light....how to do that and roughly hw much it will cost

·
Registered
789 Posts
from the picture it looks like a piece of acrylic blacked out behind 'infinity'. like the shifter letters. would have to use the m45 piece and make it fit because cutting a slot would look too mickey mouse.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Take a look at the Standard Features of the new '06 M.

Under Interior, you will find Backlit INFINITI lettering on front door sill plates.

If the size is right (or even not), maybe you can get an M sill for an FX.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
No updates yet. I think I saw some kinda illuminated sill plates on ebay once.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Those are the ones I saw. No wonder nobody has them. Thats expensive.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
i met a guy at my carwash once before who had a new mustang. he had fabricated his own and was selling them for a pretty decent price. it was the same indiglo look as on the ones that jason sells.

if i happen to come across him again, i'll run it past him to see if he is interested in doing an infiniti one and i'll give him the .org information to see if he'd like to come here to help anyone out who may want one.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
I know someone on the org got a set. But I forget who it was awhile ago. A search might bring it up. It might have been Issa.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cool thanks and please let me know! Id actually like an exacy copy of the one thats in there now, only illuminated. Let me know what he says. Id also like it to match the interrior lighting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts