Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending the day at MGFR's place checking out his rear sway bar install, came back home and got the Fall/Winter "Selections" catalog from Infiniti in the mail. :)

Watches, clothes, desk accessories, golf bags, leather cases, etc. Reminds me of the BMW Lifestyle catalogs I used to get. Is this new for Infiniti?

·
Registered
80 Posts
yeah i got one too. i think its the premier issue...nice stuff but kinda $$$

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Hey I don't get a magazine :( Where's mine :?:

·
Registered
80 Posts
$89 for a playmate cooler? i like the cigar torch and cutter.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I haven't gotten mine yet, but it's about time Infiniti had one! I used to envy the catalogs all my other Benz/Bimmer/Lexus friends used to get!

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ShadyJC said:
Actually I think I'm going to buy that stainless/leather triangular mousepad, for $19 it is not a bad deal.
Yeah. That looks pretty nice. Think I'm gettin' one too. 8)

·
Registered
848 Posts
shong43826 said:
04fx35 said:
$89 for a playmate cooler? i like the cigar torch and cutter.
It just looks nice~ but not going to buy it... it's a not worth the price
After seeing the price of the one at Grubbs, I found this one at Walmart for about $50. Been using it for a year now, and love it. It comes with a transformer with plugs for both home & car, and can be used for either heating or cooling.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Mine was in the PO Box when I checked yesterday.

The Brick (they misname it "Orange") "Cosmopolitan Brief" on page 17 is so mine- I keep a burlap "Trader Joe's" bag in the back for misc. stuff, and this will replace it and look like it came with the car!

I'm also getting the cap on 7-G, the coffee cup on 18-C and maybe the coolerbag on 15-L. (If the woman in the robe on 8-A came with it, I'd order that, too! :))

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Someone should remind Infiniti marketing what year it is.
Hey- we need to count our blessings- we just got this (and most other high-end brands have long had one). I'll bet you anything "Selections" is run by a third-party company.

·
Registered
361 Posts
ShadyJC said:
What BS is this? Just tried the website listed on the catalog - no online ordering yet - you have to call them. That's ridiculous!

Someone should remind Infiniti marketing what year it is. :roll:
I didn't receive a catalog. Would you mind putting up the link so that I may peruse their site?

·
Registered
361 Posts

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
kcrudup said:
ShadyJC said:
Someone should remind Infiniti marketing what year it is.
Hey- we need to count our blessings- we just got this (and most other high-end brands have long had one). I'll bet you anything "Selections" is run by a third-party company.
You're right about Infiniti at least getting into the game, but it's still annoying to me. I am pseudo involved with the online industry and what companies who want to be successful have to realize more than ever that Internet-based marketing is increasingly the FIRST and sometimes ONLY way to get a customer into the door. The buying habits of many people I know (and granted that may be a different demographic) is that if they can't find it online they will not bother going to a given store.

Basically aside from the test drive and the signing of the papers my whole FX purchase was done online.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ShadyJC said:
The buying habits of many people I know (and granted that may be a different demographic) is that if they can't find it online they will not bother going to a given store.
Heh. But consider that old-farts like me (and remember- I'm the guy who writes "your" operating systems' software and apps, so I'm thick into the whole Tech Thing) are used to buying from catalogs and in stores, with online being a distant third. Considering the "Hammacher-Schlemmer" type feel this catalog had to it (and some of the items ain't cheap), I think they're counting on the older affluent generation to make most of the purchases first, then they'll cater to you whippersnappers once the site is up. :)

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Ha ha, ok, fair enough. Remember you are the one who called yourself an "old fart". :wickedfart:

Now call them up and buy something!

WhippersnapperJC

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
ShadyJC said:
Remember you are the one who called yourself an "old fart".
3 weeks 'till 40! Thing is, since I'm not the one going thru the divorces and teenage rebellion and scrambling to pay for college for their kids and getting the "itch" for other women like most of my similarly-aged friends are (there's a lot to be said for Eternal Bachelorhood), I'm not having the Obligatory Midlife Crisis- it's just another birthday for me (which I haven't celebrated in 15 years, anyway). I'm really just gonna miss being able to check off the "18-39" box :)

Now call them up and buy something!
Oh, I already know what I want! (And I expect it'll show up right around the time my Olde Fartitude becomes official as a bonus!)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts