Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised here are some pictures I took when I was driving the Fuga last week (M35).

The car I tested was the VQ35DE(NEO) powered version (V8 out next year in Japan) and was fitted with the optional sports package which gives you a lower ride height, stiffer springs, dampers and roll bars and beautifully finished 19 inch wheels with Bridgestone RE050 245/40/19 f&r. The ride might be a bit on the hard side for some but it really compliments the stiff chassis and overall performance of the car. The V6 feels very very smooth and thanks to the 5AT its very easy to get the most out of the engine. The tranny software is totally new and is very aggressive in driving style as it even downshifts when braking hard and hangs on to gears just how you want it too. Manual override is still crap...I don't see why manufacturers still bother with this, hardly anyone use these things! The car is very stable and quiet on any type of road although the 19" tires generate a lot of noise on certain surfaces (maybe because the rest of the car is so darn quiet!). Lateral grip is phenomenal for a car of this size and sector, the tail slides only with VDC turned to off but everything feels progressive thanks to the rear steer system that really can be felt when driving hard. I also found the swiveling front lights cool, such great illumination! Front side view camera is also very handy when parking along the street, after all you don't want to curb those nice 19" wheels right!?

Interior is simply stunning. The car had black leather (very soft, softer than the 2004 FX45 I drove this year for example) but already showed signs of crumpling after only 6000km. The optional A/C front seats are so cool, keep you nice and cool in hot sunny days and toast your rear end on cold mornings. Keyless entry is the same as the FX, same 2005 key fob too. The Fuga however gets keyless ignition, get in, first press on the button (without putting your foot on the brake pedal) gets the steering wheel and seat into memory position, second press of the button will turn it to ACC mode so that people can listen to music or watch TV when parked and pressing it again while pressing the brake turns the engine on. To turn off just press it again. Great system, so much simple to use and I really miss it now I don't have the car any more!

The Navigation system and other gadgets work great too, the i-Drive-type central knob really is easy and well though out (unlike BMW's offering). Bose stereo is very powerful and there is an optional 14 speaker 5.1 surround system available but it wasn't fitted to my test car. Front seats has an electronically adjustable leg rest....can be turned into a bed almost! Great stuff. Overall I really liked the Fuga, the only negative thing I could come up with was the questionable longevity of the leather seats....but apart from that...**** this car is close to perfection. I think it just needs that 340HP 4.5 V8 to finish off nicely
:D

·
Registered
597 Posts
I wish they didn't make the exterior look like that of G35 on steroids. Still beats the '05 Acura RL styling though. So you need to press the Start button thrice to fire up the motor, or what ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
pudicus said:
I wish they didn't make the exterior look like that of G35 on steroids. Still beats the '05 Acura RL styling though. So you need to press the Start button thrice to fire up the motor, or what ?
Foot on brake, start engine to start the car :eek:

The interior looks very nice especially the dashboard, except the leather.....

·
Registered
882 Posts

still can't get it right :roll:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you press the brake you can get her started in one push, sorry should have specified. I understand the statement of the G35 on steroids, that's what I though too from looking at pictures but its so much bigger up close it does look really good and different from the G35. I think they should have made the "hoffmeister kink" different from the G35 to deffirentiate the cars a bit. Here in Japan we also have the Teana which is in between the G35 and Fuga....so confusing... :lol:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
push button start ... coooooolll

what's that video monitor? for parallel/front parking??? does it have a rear vid monitor too?

thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes its for parallel parking(fitted under the passenger rear-view mirror). Its fitted as standard with the 8 inch Navi system and also includes the rear view camera

·
Registered
779 Posts
The side camera is a brilliant idea. No more scratched rims due to pararell parking...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, I guess that resolves the question: Does the '05 seat changes address the leather problems?

Side view camera will likely not make it to US.

Don't care for the huge covers under the hood.

Looks too much like the G35 sedan, esp. the '05s I'd take the RL with it's AWD and amazing techno-goodies (if I were in the market for this type of car); actually, I'd take a BMW 5 series over either (just love the way they drive).

I'd like more info. on this rear steer system you refer to. I still haven't seen any info. on this and the only thing that was brought up before was active roll stabilization, which is different from rear steering.

·
Registered
597 Posts
" Side view camera will likely not make it to US. "

Co-sign on that one. It will probably be pre-litigated out of existence :roll: . BTW, it's about time Nissan grabbed their seat supplier by the youknowhats :evil: .

·
Registered
706 Posts
I think I am going to live with my seat leather and not try to get it fixed unless they come out with a TSB or fix. Compared to this new 05 leather, I prefer my slightly wrinkled 04.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I think it looks more like the new Nissan Maxima. Personally I like it but I like the old 2004 M45 better. I just wish they offered the old style with the VQ instead of the VK. JMHO.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
The car simply looks amazing but i am sorry i will not buy one due to those crappy leather seats...what is up with Nissan and leather seats?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
DCD said:
Manual override is still crap...I don't see why manufacturers still bother with this, hardly anyone use these things!
Bite your tongue! I hardly ever drive in "D"!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MustGoFastR said:
Side view camera will likely not make it to US.
actually it looks like it will. Its reffered to as:

"Available RearView Monitor with a wide lens view and new wheel trajectory view feature"

from Inifiniti press website:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm curious to see how well the M sells vs. the RL and the new Lexus GS (also due out next spring). The lexus dealers already have a marketing brochure for the new GS. It looks great too. But I think the M gets my nod for styling and RL for it's technology... you can't beat live traffic updates on the nav and electronic sound proofing.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The M has live traffic updates through the navigation (in Japan at least). No need for electronic sound proofing...its almost too quiet :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts