Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post this monthly sales chart for the FX. The numbers are total sales of FX35 and FX45 vehicles. I'll try to keep this chart up to date for a while. Please feel free to comment on it. (yes, I'm bored today) ::D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
it looks like the average trend is a very slight decline in sales, which seems kind of normal to me since a couple of new models are out in the past 2 years and the G35s have a nice revamp of the interior and more power.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I hope there is a few upticks soon!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
FXLENT said:
I hope there is a few upticks soon!
yeah...if you were in a little car riding on that graph, you'd be going "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!" right about now :p

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ShadyJC said:
Where's the data coming from?
Nissan publishes thier monthly sales report each month. I found each month since '03, entered the numbers into excel and made the chart above.

http://www.infinitinews.com/

Other tidbits:

The average sales per month is 2,423.
As of February 1, they have sold 60,568 FXs.
We only have 1500 members so where is everybody? ::D

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I bought at the peak! I'm glad I was able to get a good deal, then (but '45s have always been a slower seller).

Any chance you can break out that graph by engine size?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
With rising Fuel $$ & Poor MPG's :( I wonder if monthly FX sales will ever peak Above 3000 again?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The peaks above 3000 seem to occur when the new model year starts. Otherwise, FX sales seem to remain somewhat flat. Anyone know if the SUV market is currently shrinking, flat or growing? I've read conflicting reports and I find it hard to believe that it's growing (some say it's replacing the large sedan market). Yet if it is growing (and FX sales seem to be flat) then Infiniti is loosing market share - right?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
particlefx said:
Other tidbits:

The average sales per month is 2,423.
As of February 1, they have sold 60,568 FXs.
We only have 1500 members so where is everybody? ::D
I'd venture to say that many potential, fuel concious, New owners/buyers - who don't value looks as much as we do :D may be over here looking at the future http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150335 ...**** Fools :roll:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
let me sat that if there was no FX, id give an RX400h more of a look. but for me, buying a 50+ K car is more than paying 50K for the car. its also the price of gas to be guzzled, insurance, tires, etc.. etc..

the way i figure it, if i can _really_ afford a car of this price, i better be able to pay for the other things that come along with it.

basically, if i can really afford paying 50 grand, i better not be nickle and diming on gas ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
bradical said:
basically, if i can really afford paying 50 grand, i better not be nickle and diming on gas ;)
Yeah, but it would be nice to not have to drop 50 bucks every 6 days to put gas in your tank. I mean not everyone who drives a 50 thousand dollar car is filthy stinkin rich. Saving money is a conept that anyone in any tax bracket can appreciate...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
DGFX said:
Yeah, but it would be nice to not have to drop 50 bucks every 6 days
Six? Sheeeit- try "3 to 4"!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Agreed - my round trip for work is 85 miles. I don't buy vehicles strictly for gas mileage, but it wouldn't suck to have an FX that got 26 - 30 mpg. :wink:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.