Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

The paint on black infiniti fx's seems to have swirls on all of them. I have tried using zaino and even with the help of Z2, Z5( AKA Swirl remover), then z6...the results are that car looks shiny when you look from far away. But when you look closely, you will be able to spot many swirls all around the car. I need some advices or is there any treatment i can do personally to get rid of the swirls. Or is this an issue that can be solve by going to the dealer for a paint job.

Answers will appreciated :)

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Well, first of all, Z5 is not a swirl remover. It is formulated to help fill in and masque swirls with repeated application. The newest formulation of Z2 also has some swirl hiding properties (just not as much). To actually remove the swirls is going to takw a good orbital polisher and the appropriate compounds (and many, MANY hours of labor). I spent four solid days on my paint, two of which were cleaning, claying and removing swirls and my paint wasn't that bad to begin with. The subsequent days were spent applying about 6 coats of Zaino (3 Z5, 3 Z2). They result is very good, but under close scrutiny, you can still pick out things here and there, but nealy all of what are commonly referred to as surface swirls have been removed or are masqued very well.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
megauirs makes a "swirl remover" product (Im not referring to the type that actually cuts the paint) which has oils that fill in the valleys left from the swirls....

afterwards, you seal it with a carnuba (or synthetic poly wax) and its good for awhile...

under close review, though, you can still see them on dark colored cars..... (one of th downfalls of the beautiful black paint!)

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
if your swirls are that bad, try 3M swirl remover with orbital. Not for the faint of heart. Might want to use a professional if you have never attempted this task.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts