Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm NEW! got a Black 2004 FX35 w/ brick interior and love it...

mods i got planned arent anything crazy, just 22" wheels and 4.5" exhaust tips...not doing any engine mods or anything crazy cuz i like my warranty and plan on keeping it :D

I got 2 questions for now...

1. If i decide to go with a 22x9.5" or 22x10" wheel, what size tire would i need to keep the factory dimensions since i heard you need to keep them the same to keep the spedometer the same and all that stuff....

2. When i use the tiptronic, do i need to let go of the gas pedal when i shift up or can i continue to press the gas as i shift?

Thanks, will be checkin the forum often...love the FX!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Hey, Robby, welcome to the forum! Great color combo, BTW! :D

In answer to your questions, the best tire size looks to be 295/35-22 and NO, you do not have to lift your foot off the gas to shift in manual mode. You only have to do that on a car with an F1-type sequential manual gearbox, like BMW, ferrari, etc. (a true manual tranny, actuated by servos electronically as opposed to your foot on a clutch). Our tranny is a standard automatic transmission with an electronically controlled "manual" mode that allows you to choose when it shifts.

FYI, there are lots of bolt-on mods available that will not void your warranty (check my sig.).

Enjoy your stay! 8)

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase.

Jim

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
hey there....i wouldnt worry too much about some of the bolt on engine mods like an intake/ztube and a strut tower bar. talk to your dealer if you are worried and ask them how they feel about CAI. its an easy fun thing to do and is very cool looking too :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, not really interested in doing engine mods really...i have been through that with my last car and i dont wanna get started again, thats one of the main reasons i got an SUV, so i dont spend a bunch of money on little things, i love how it drives and dont really wanna change it.......yet :wink:

i will be tinting the windows....but what window tint matches the rears? what percentage is it cuz i dont wanna go any darker since i got a tint ticket on my last car (BS!)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Robby said:
yeah, not really interested in doing engine mods really...i have been through that with my last car and i dont wanna get started again, thats one of the main reasons i got an SUV, so i dont spend a bunch of money on little things...
Heh, heh... That was my intention as well. :roll:

·
Registered
832 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Robby said:
yeah, not really interested in doing engine mods really...i have been through that with my last car and i dont wanna get started again, thats one of the main reasons i got an SUV, so i dont spend a bunch of money on little things...
Welcome to our family! :D

I was in the same boat and thought that I could win over the modding bug, but it got me good...again!
If your plans on changing the exhaust, it would be a good idea to at least get the Z-tube and a K&N drop in filter if you don't go with a CAI.
The Stillen STB is a worthy mod.... :wink:

As for the tint, 20% is the closest match. Unfortunately 35% is the legal limit here in MA.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats an STB?

as for the exhaust, i only plan on changing the tips for cosmetics purposes, not for any other reason. The tips will be chrome 4.5" tips just for looks especially since my OEM tips arent even centered, this is a good reason to do my first mod :)

but aside from that, i dont plan on changing the exhaust system again cuz of warranty and i love the sound of the stock exhaust...

and i am trying my best to keep the mod bug away! ;)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Yes, somewhat better.

Jim

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
MUCH better in hard cornering.

·
Registered
662 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Robby said:
That is still my intention but bunch of guys over here are spreading out this "mod bug" all over the site :twisted: . That's why I got Stillen CAI. But since I usually keep the vehicle for about 1-2 yr, I don't plan on adding much stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome to the club :D

Love the color, now time to buy some Zanio 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts