Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new but have been lurking for a while. I LOVE all the pictures everyone has posted!!!

My lease is up on my 2000 Xterra and I really, really want an FX. I'm thinking of leasing again and would have really, really low mileage (my office is 3 miles from my home). So, I could do a 10K/year lease.

I've looked at lease calculators and such, but I'm still confused. If I get an FX35 without too many bells and whistles, and without a lot of $ down, how much can I realistically expect to pay? Is it unreasonable to have a least payment in the high $400s or low $500s? I think I'd like a term of no more than 3 years.

I'm in NJ (right outside of PHilly). Was just curious if any of you were able to get a deal like this, or if I'm just being too optimistic. Do you think buying would be a better option?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

-go6car

·
Registered
28 Posts
FYI...

i leased an '03 FX45 prem...

15k/yr
39 mo term
$500 cap reduction

...for $519 mo+tax at willow grove infiniti just outside philly.

this was an infiniti special lease as of oct 2003. as infiniti is discounting '03 FX45s big time you may be able to get a great lease now.

good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's an AWESOME deal! Thanks so much for sharing the #s. I think I just may have a shot at getting one of these now!

I just went to my local dealers lot (they are closed) and walked around drooling over the FXs. I think I've narrowed down my 'first choice' decision to a diamond graphite w/sport package, with any color interior. I really love those bigger rims! The nice thing about this vehicle is that there really isn't a color that I don't like.

I think I may try my local dealer first, then if I come up empty, I will most definitely try Willow Grove.

Thanks so much for the info! I'm going next weekend, so wish me luck, LOL!

-go6car

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A DG w/brick would be ideal! I've only seen the willow and graphite interiors in person. Did see a black FX w/brick which I also really liked!

The good news is that I just came back from my local Infiniti dealership who worked fantastic numbers for me, so financially I think I can swing getting an FX.

The bad news is that i went through Nissan to get my current ride's lease. Nissan used a company for my old lease that has horrible early termination fees, which I didn't realize (stupid me). I mean HORRIBLE. There is a very ambigiously-worded reference to it in the contract and nothing more.

I only have 3 payments left, but this company I used via Nisssan won't let me turn in the vehicle early. I figured I could make my remaining 3 payments, maybe another small fee and be done with it. However, now I have to wait until 30 days out at the earliest, which puts me into June until I can get my FX. Otherwise, if Iwanted to turn it in now, this company would sell my car at auction and charge me the difference between my payoff amount and whatever they actually sold the truck for, which could be several thousand $$$ that's I'd be liable for!!!! I was also told there would be additional fees for their "perceived" wear and tear, etc. Geez!

Unfortunately, my current Nissan doesn't seem to be worth enough for the INfiniti dealer to buy it outright and resell it, even though it's in great condition.

Bottom line is that I will NEVER take for granted the verbiage in one of my leases again! At least Infiniti agreed to honor the numbers they worked up for me today until June. And their lease company that I'll use this time around doesn't have these penalties. Guess I'll just have to wait!

(heavy sigh).

-go6car

1 - 5 of 5 Posts