Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
The last thing I did to my car was install a subwoofer over the spare tire. Now I'm gonna attempt to put a touchscreen connected to a computer in the stock location. I'll be moving some things around but hopefully everything should look stealthy (which is what I work towards.)

Anyways my plans are:

- Via Epia motherboard
- Slot load DVD
- 7 in VGA touchscreen (deciding on a model right now)
- Destinator Navi software (http://www.destinator1.com)
- Media Center
- ITPS sequencer (automatic powerup and shutdown)
- rear view cam (if I can somehow incorporate it. still figuring this out)

I found an Ebay auction going for the destinator software for 80 bux, and it's supposedly really good. I've already got the power supply and ITPS, as well as the slot load dvd drive. Just gotta get the mobo and screen.

So yea, I know I prolly shoulda gotten the tech package in the first place, but at the time when I bought my car the rear DVD was included and impossible to seperate. I don't have a family (single n lovin it) so it wasn't worth it.

Anyways this is gonna be a long term project so don't get all excited! As always I'll provide pictures too! I've got some pretty crazy ideas up in my head and hopefully they'll become reality! I hope to have this done by next spring. It's cold now so it's hard to work on the car (no garage).

Anyways! Soon to have a technologically advanced non-tech FX!

·
Registered
662 Posts
That's a cool idea!

I saw something like that from a mod mag and it was a tablet pc like screen swings out of the space between center console and passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
You go man! What cha going to do with the Hvac controls?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts