Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just on grubbs site trying to see what the status was on my Sirius stuff, and they had this "iCruze" thing on thier site. Just thought I'd share for those that want to use their Ipod with the stock unit.

http://www.monstercable.com/iCruze/

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
wow..that looks great and like somehting that we can insgtall ourselves....only problem is that its not compatible with the FX head unit yet (as from searching the site). :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah, looks great, but same old, same old... not available for FX yet! Why does Grubbs link to it on their site, when it only draws attention to the fact that FX owners don't yet have what other cars already have available to them? Frustrating. I want ipod in my FX NOW, but I don't feel like ripping my dash and console apart to do it myself.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Tapping into the DVD jack is really not all that bad. The hardest part is involved with soldering all the pins before the install. When used with the Belkin amplified earphone jack/power charger device the sound is as close to earphone quality music as it's going to get. No background hiss at any volume, just clear music as crisp as your MP3 compression quality allows.
I was really tired of the weak FM transmitters sound quality. Any highs were badly distorted no matter how little background static there was. After reading the how-to and enjoying the results, I was happy enough to donate some support to this site just for that information alone. I must say though, I had a burning desire to get a clear signal to the headunit as I was extremely dissatisfied with what I had going. So, it was worth it to me.
On top of all that, and I may be the minority here, I would rather take a beating than put that blue screen anywhere in my FX. What I have going now seems like a cleaner install that that iCruse.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Looks OK, I just picked up a Sony cassette adapter, better sound quality than a FM adapter and less hassle in metro areas.

I've been keeping my eye on the iCruze. Only issue to consider is if Apple changes the interface on the iPod next gen.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i think its ridiculous that they even try and sell those FM transmitters. i have never seen one person who has those things produce even a mediocre sound quality. my fiance got one and returned it the same day it sucked so bad.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Okay I have read this post but...no futher infomation... :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.