Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 9:45 and lightly raining on my way to work this morning. Visibility is very good yet the windshield is lightly speckled with water drops. The windshield wipers are off and the traffic ahead is light so I decide to put the car on intelligent cruise control and play with the nav a little. About 10 seconds later the car starts braking fairly hard and there is nothing ahead of me for at least 1/8 of a mile. The brakes release a little and I can definitely feel some hesitation as the ICC is deciding what to do next. After about two seconds, it decides the path is clear and roars back up to the preset speed (which I love by the way).

Now I remember reading in the manual that this can occur because the ICC sensor may become obfuscated with rain droplets -- and this is why it is not possible to engage it when the windshield wipers are on. Although I quickly realized that is what happened to me, it was still a bit of a surprise.

Don't get me wrong, I love the ICC (though I don't use it that often) and just wanted to confirm/report that the manual is correct on this issue. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you know that it has a collision alarm too? It's really quite amazing (to me anyway). I was taking the family on a small road trip the 2nd day I got the car and had the ICC turned on. Some idiot entered the freeway from the shoulder going about 20MPH and pulled all the way over into my lane - in which I was going about 85MPH. :shock:

Fortunately, I was already paying attention to the road so I had time to compensate. However, as I was reaching for the brake, I hear a moderately load chime from the ICC which I'm interpreting as a warning that we are all about to die. I guess it pressurized the brakes for me and was ready to apply them itself but I think I was a bit faster and got on them first so no disasters to report.

Anyway, this sure raises the excitement level another notch for me. And let's face it, we can use all the ammunition we can get against those dumb-arse drivers too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts