Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now i know you guys mite hate me for this and kick me off the site!, but i just wanna put in a good word for..yup you guessed it... the VW Touareg!! Now i know in the past i have not been fond of this car but after an off road and on road test drive in the 4.2V8, i was blown away! It really is a great SUV! and at the same price over here as a 45 will be, it has now been added to my list! Now, seeing as i haven't driven the FX, i have decided to fly out to America to give one a good old testing!
Anyone driven both? Am i still allowed on this site?! oh go on..please!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello, and welcome!

You may have second thoughts about the Touareg once you've driven the FX. They're worlds apart in styling and luxury--I can't comment on performance, as I haven't driven the Touareg. But I've sat in one, and it just doesn't compare to the sheer elegance of the FX (not to mention intelligent electronics if you go with the tech package, and by all means, do).

You'd turn more heads there in Surrey with an FX, believe me. :D

Go with the Touareg if you're going to use it offroad. Otherwise, the FX is a much better choice.

Cheers,

D

·
Registered
90 Posts
I drove the Touareg and wasn't too thrilled with the ride and lack of performance. Transmission IMO had terrible shift points and mushed it's way thru every upshift. Once I drove it and the FX back-to-back, it wasn't even a hard choice at all.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks guys! Yeah i know the FX will be much more of a head turner seeing as it will be hopefully the only one in England when i get it. Although saying that ive only evr seen 3 Touaregs round here! I think the thing which impressed me most about the Touareg was how well built the interior was. On the offroad course, no matter how big the ruts were, not a single creek came from anywhere! But your right about on road performance!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah i know the FX will be much more of a head turner seeing as it will be hopefully the only one in England when i get it.
That's reason enough to pick the FX! You'll have heads craning from Newcastle to the Isle of Wight.

I think the thing which impressed me most about the Touareg was how well built the interior was.
Wait until you see the FX. Passengers have told me the back seat is like riding in a limo. The front cockpit is elegance without fussiness.

Are you making a special trip just to test drive the FX? That would be something... :)

D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I've had extensive time behind a wheel of a fully loaded V8 Toureg (1 full week). My biggest issue with the Toureg was the light, mushy, zero feedback steering, even with the adjustable suspension. I would equate the steering feel with driving a Lincoln Town Car or an old man's Caddy. It's near impossible to get a feel for the car's limits. Combine that with a tall, 5000+lb vehicle with fairly crappy tires and you've got yourself a dull and potentially dangerous car to drive. Straight line performance wasnt impressive at all either. I think the FX35 can easily beat the V8 Toureg to 60.

I do, however, love the quality of the interior. Fit and finish is definitely a notch better than the FX and so is the overall feel. Exterior styling is fairly bland IMO. It reminds me of a jacked up Passat, which I was never crazy about.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Devon said:
Are you making a special trip just to test drive the FX? That would be something... :)

D
Well yeah actually i am! havent got a holiday booked yet, so mite combine the two! Not sure where to go tho, any suggestions on the best dealer/place to test one? Also, a bit off topic, but does anyone know when the SEMA show is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts