Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my parents wouldn't listen

2 cars in one day! The other is my dad's old bmw.

I have a funny story: so last weekend my parents were away and told me I could take out the whips so I got there and the cayanne wouldn't start. It turns out that if you leave the cayanne for more than 2 days, the battery dies! The dealership "forgot" to mention that you have to plug it into an outlet whenever you go out or the battery dies! :lol: WTF?! I could not believe it. I have no idea why you have to plug it in, but the stupid plug was 150 dollars too and it plugs into your cigerette lighter and has to run through an open window.

So that's why I couldn't take the cayanne outside for better pics haha.

I like the interior it's orangish although not nearly as cool as the brick in the fx. It's REALLY big, I am a supurb parallel parker and when I tried to park it I was like having major issues lol. I don't like the visibility at all. And the engine sounds like really weak to me like kinda high pitched.

The 6 is sweet though! My head pops way the **** out tho cuz I'm so tall thank god it's a convertible :p . When I was on the freeway peeps were lookin at me funny haha. I really like the idrive on the 6 with nav its really easy to use. I also really like the engine sound and it's pretty quick too. I don't really have anything to compare it to other than the 8 series. Both are nice, but I would take the 6. Not a bmw fan by any means, but the 6 is pretty fun and nice to look at! O.K. I'm done!

BAH I'll let my parent have the german cars, I'll stick with Infiniti!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Somebody's folks got loot! Need a brother?!

·
Registered
882 Posts
looks like Woodside area or Saratoga

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Kinda looks like Hillsborough area too.

Jim

·
Registered
286 Posts
nice cars tay dude
but i am afraid your spanking saphire FX will show up your parents
and earn you some major time out discipline LOL :twisted: :lol:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
so they bought a 6 series AND a cayanne in the same day? wow. what kind of cayanne is that? S, Turbo, regular?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:lol:

It's just a regular Cayanne it does not even say S on the back. I dunno why. Anyone know why you have to plug it in? I guess my parents can't leave it at the airport when they go on trips or it will die.

My parents got sick of SF and moved out into the suburbs a while ago. I guess they need a cayanne to fit in or something since EVERYONE has one over in Marin.

Oh and why is the ignition on the left side in the cayanne?! It's so confusing when I reach over and try to put the key in and there is nothing there :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
contaygious said:
my parents wouldn't listen

2 cars in one day! The other is my dad's old bmw.

The dealership "forgot" to mention that you have to plug it into an outlet whenever you go out or the battery dies! :lol:
interesting :?: :!: :shock:
because porche also forget to mention the plug in thingy in those barage of commercials i have seen on TV :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh one more thing. When I tried to jumpstart it nothing happened. So when I called the dealership they told me "For security reasons, you cannot jump start the cayanne. We have to send someone over there to do it for you"

OMG that sucks! They sent a trained cayanne person over in a few hours that knows how to jumpstart it properlly. WOW just WOW. AAA can't even do it for you- :?

·
Registered
235 Posts
contaygious said:
Oh one more thing. When I tried to jumpstart it nothing happened. So when I called the dealership they told me "For security reasons, you cannot jump start the cayanne. We have to send someone over there to do it for you"

OMG that sucks! They sent a trained cayanne person over in a few hours that knows how to jumpstart it properlly. WOW just WOW. AAA can't even do it for you- :?
Did they charge you an arm and a leg for that? lol..

As far as the ignition being on the left side, it is because porsche believes that if you are sophisticated enough to get in and steal a porsche, the treat is to give the thief a split second head start on starting the car by placing the ignition on the left rather than on the right...

but seriously, it is by design with quick start and racing in mind...thats what my salesman told me when i was looking at one

·
Registered
285 Posts
davezaristo said:
but seriously, it is by design with quick start and racing in mind...thats what my salesman told me when i was looking at one
And how in the world having a key on the left is going to make it start faster?
:?:
IMHO it is no more then a little quirk in order to embrace its heritage and make it different, although back in 50-60th many cars had it on the left.
I think the idea was to keep it out of the way, sins it is only needed to start and stop the engine (which seems kind of logical to me…)
:scratch:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Boris Badenov said:
davezaristo said:
Well, i recalled the salesman said since the car is LHD, the moment you get in, you can see the keyhole and so that you can stick the key right in and you gas...if it was on the right side, it will take that extra split second to look for the keyhole. Of course, this is the porsche logic he claims...whether anyone care about that split second is another story...

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:? I'd think that split second would be more than made up for by having to use your left hand to start the car after a lifetime of using your right.

I'm, off today and doing some fun "car guy things"; I may go by Porche and check some of this rediculous stuff out for myself. I could use a good laugh. :roll:

BTW, Dave, you might need to adjust your sig. Last I heard, BMW dropped the whole 4 series thing and are sticking with 3.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Gee! Does not look like Section 8 housing :twisted:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts