Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bad luck!

Today when i was driving along 3 lane road, i nearly got to an accident.Lucky the max speed was like 50 kilometers per hour. As I was driving on the the mid lane, i needed to change to the left in order to exit. On my way of doing it, i first checked my blind spot and there wasnt any cars on left side. so i changed lane and till a dude that was driving on his lexus rx300 tried to speed up while i made my lane change. Luckily i avoid him and he avoid me. By avoiding each other i was safe, on the other hand he blew one his tires. I would like to know if his insurance company are going to be after me since he tried to avoid me he had to hit the sidewalk and blew one of his front tires. In my opinion i dont think they will charge me since none of us hit each other. Luckily his car and my car wasnt hit just that he hit the sidewalk by avoiding me. Can anyone help me, i just feel terrible.

(Only the 2 of tires must be replace) other than that, there wasnt any collision between the two cars.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The insurance company will not go after you...and even IF they did you have your insurance company which is there to fight for you because your insurance company does not want to lose money either. From the sounds of it **** just happned on the road.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeah, agreed, probably nothing happens.....but ,if that Lexus needs a Frt end alignment ( pretty sure it will ) and tire..starting to creep up there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so if he needs an alignment, then i will be after...right?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
dude...you didnt stop did you???

FLOOR IT with your middle finger out the window!

serves him right for trying to close the gap and not let you over.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Hey brad was that you "waving" the other day? :p [was your mountain bike in the car or on the roof?]

·
Registered
551 Posts
lol :twisted:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i didn stop but as soon i saw him coming i went back to my lane so no accident for us. I just i'm not in trouble from the insurance company.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Hey brad was that you "waving" the other day? :p [was your mountain bike in the car or on the roof?]
i have a rack that plugs into the tow hitch to carry my bike. i dont do the "wave" anymore ;) when i liven in NJ (in my early 20's), i used the "wave" a lot, but i also got into a number of altercations becuase fo it. one time a guy rode my a55 becuase i pulled into traffic in front of him. he was speeding in a 25 zone and came up on me from out of nowhere! we was flipping out and so i rolled back the sunroof in the old saturn and gave him a "wave" :D he then proceeded to pull up next to my car and literally RAM me off the road and right over the curb :shock: he jumped out and started coming back to me telling me that he was going to kill me :shock: :shock: lucky for me there was a police station on the other side of the road and when i pointed to it, he freked out and took off.

thats when i decided that i should use the "wave" very selectively :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
... musta been the Saturn :shock:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
... musta been the Saturn :shock:
that was one of the original saturns when the company was only a couple of years old. it cost me 9500$ :) which was all i could afford ;)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
From Saturn to Infiniti, ... man, you travel a lot! :lol: (when are you going Rail-Less? & there's a Zaino ? in detailing I need an answer to)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Back to the original question. I think you're going to need to get another Canadian to answer your question. Certainly your laws aren't the same as ours in the U.S. Some things to consider though...

Were there any witnesses? Did you admit guilt to anyone? If the answer is no, then I think it's highly unlikely that they'd be able to come after you. It seems to me that you weren't in the accident that he had...there's no damage to your vehicle. Are you feeling like you might have been partially to blame? :?:

·
Registered
462 Posts
bradical said:

LOL! Classic...

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
From Saturn to Infiniti, ... man, you travel a lot! :lol: (when are you going Rail-Less? & there's a Zaino ? in detailing I need an answer to)
which ? is that .... the 8.95 shipping question? not sure about that. i usually buy a whole bunch to last me a while so i cant remember the shipping

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:

<seethe>
<begin rant>

OK, I was going to let this go, but I'm sorry- THIS PISSES ME OFF!

Why the **** is it that nobody ever "speeds up when I pass", or "cuts me off", nor has to "let me in"?! Simple- I have CLEARANCE when I make passes! I've been seeing more and more that people (especially here in California, which has the worst effin' drivers of any of the states I've lived or driven in in 25 years of driving) just don't give a **** about clearance, expect to be "let in" knowing (or not!) good and goddamn well they don't have the clearance to do so, then have the freakin' audacity to give YOU the finger when you don't "let them in".

OH this pisses me off! It seems every **** week I have some dumbass trying to take my fender off to which I have to blow at, swerve or brake, and I'm sure these dumbasses will run off and complain about how this driver "cut them off" or "didn't let them in". Same goes to the fools who try to come into the lane I'm in on the highway when I'm pulling 15+ MPH faster than they're moving. One such cvnt again gave me the finger 'cause I flashed and blew at her, presumably for not "letting her in".

<rant off>

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i pass with lots of room too, but even with room, people will try to stop you from moving over in front of them. what happens around here is that sometimes traffic density is high enough that there isnt enough room to accelerate forward into the pass, so you have to turn on the signal, and move laterally for a second before you can get on it. many times when someone way back in the passing lane sees my signal, they just floor it even though they have been cruising there forever. i do NOT just expect people to let me in, but if you are not passing me and there is room and i use my signal, then dont speed up just to stop me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts