Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed my AAI-NIS and i purchased Sirius Radio Reciever.. I hooked it all up but... two things happen...

One is my check engine light turned on..

and the lights on my radio dont turn on.. so at night i am press every button but ones i want.

Has this happen to any one before....

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you started your car with the radio disconnected that is why the check engine light is on - happened to me too. It turned off after 5 days - maybe sooner if you drive it more than I did.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Re your lights, you mean the button back-lights, right? Besides the radio are the following on:

clock
gear shift
ashtray/cig lighter
glove box
driver/pass window up/down and door lock/unlock

They are all part of the same circuit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FXHEAD said:
If you started your car with the radio disconnected that is why the check engine light is on - happened to me too. It turned off after 5 days - maybe sooner if you drive it more than I did.
Yeah i might of turned the car on without the radio hooked up... I hope that is all it is...

Thanks... that was a big relief.. i am glad it also happen to someone else also and it isnt a big deal... i thought i crosses some cables or something...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ShadyJC said:
Re your lights, you mean the button back-lights, right? Besides the radio are the following on:

clock
gear shift
ashtray/cig lighter
glove box
driver/pass window up/down and door lock/unlock

They are all part of the same circuit.
Yeah the button back-lights... i am pretty sure the windows work.. but the gear shift does not light up either... i'll look at those other things also and get back..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
You may have either blown the illumination fuse, or you didn't plug the cables in all the way on the radio trim bezel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.