Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy I am running a custom 3.5" full cold air intake system and its great. The company that makes it is now selling them on ebay. It sounds great and was easy to put in, the down side was the cost (380) :( but its really nice it came with every thing including the 3.5" maf adapter. No more rubber elbows or baffles. The thing I like about this one is that it is a full length system made of polished aluminum and it sound amazing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: I love this Cold air intake systm 3.5" maf adapter not 3

Hi there, Kindly give me the link to that CAI..Thanx

·
Registered
7 Posts

Wow. Spendy. Have you dynoed this to back up the claims?

How does it affect driveability? Does the ECU compensate for the changes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have not dynoed it yet but the driving experience is great. I can feel the power increase. I also achieved 2mpg better than I was getting. I belive that the comp has compensated for the added air do to the mpg increase I have also taken the plugs out to "read" them and all looks clean and burning well. I would would recommend this CAI.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

I like eggs. 52% more hp than w/out eggs. And I don't even sell eggs or recomend a specific brand! I just like eggs in general. And the "driving experience" with eggs is 92% better. My spark plugs seem to like eggs too. And my rotors! Heck- even my spare tire performs better with eggs! So get eggs!!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts

So a generic filter on a stick intake somehow gives 2mpg? And it costs $375? And someone's first post is to promote this product? Sign me up!

In all seriousness though, there is no way that this intake is any different than any other intake out there. There's also no way you can gain 2 mpg from an intake (looking at the plugs doesn't actually mean anything either). The intake on the 45 isn't that restrictive. Also, considering that similar designs dyno'd worse than stock on the FX45, I'd be very, very surprised if this one did anything. No, the 3.5" vs. competitors 3" won't make a difference, and neither will the filter location. If anyone looks at the stock intake, it's actually pretty well designed.

And $375 is entirely unjustified. It's a K&N generic cone filter that's maybe $40. Plus a 3.5" straight aluminum tube. Note the tube is just a generic straight one you can buy anywhere, no bends which would cost more. Add on 2 silicon adapters and a generic MAF plate (very cheap to buy). Anyone could build their own for a quarter of the price. This thing is similar to the "universal" intakes they sell on eBay for $50 w/ a K&N filter. If someone paid me $100, I could build one and make a couple of bucks.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I'd hate to see someone pay that much for something that will do nothing from someone who's first post is basically shilling. If you provide a dyno, I will apologize immediately and take back everything I said.

·
Registered
1 Posts

hello, fx45surpercar contacted me a few days back to answer any questions regarding the cold air intake system that I have started to manufacture. Feel free to ask any questions you may have for me. To give a little background info I have build everything from custom built and swapped turbo Subaru engines, hot rods, and fuel injected vintage class race cars. I also do allot of ecu modifications, turbos, and inter-coolers. This was the original reason I was approached to design this Intake for him.
To start with the reason that this product was designed was he could find no other cold air intakes for this model. If this statement is incorrect please send me a picture of one actually on a car) He had spent allot of time searching. I even looked hoping to save him time and money. The reason that any cold air intake system is purchased is to do just that deliver a smoother, lest restricted volume of air the the engine. The fx45 has multiple baffles and chambers to quite the intake, Which results in the engine having to fight to draw air in. Any proficient intake system allows the air to flow easier and stay cooler and results in an increase in horse power and also fuel economy (otherwise why would anyone purchase and install a unit). The biggest hang up was the 3.5" MAF housing. Very few companies make an adapter because there are very few cars that use this size, besides Porsche and BMW. The majority are 2.5", 3", and 4". The few we could find where very expensive (over $200) Thus after injection molding a few I decided to have one made out of Aluminum. The cost was a little higher this route but the strength and quality where justified. It was essential to maintain 3.5" tubing due to the difference in the volume of air over 3" (136% more air to be exact) I am not claiming it gives any ridiculous number of horsepower increase or a double in gas mileage. I have kept in touch with him and consistently he is reporting a 2mpg increase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts