Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, this is forum is privately owned & therefore its clients (me) are not subject to 1st ammendment protection under the law.

Nonetheless, this forum (and all like it) are designed to provide people with a FORUM to discuss topics of common interest.

Given the number of views and responses I would say that the discussion of guns is of common interest and therefore should be allowed.

The "Super Moderators" of this forum are no doubt liberals cowering in their boots, fearful that a modicum of logic might enter the discussion of gun ownership.

This post will probably be deleted in a few minutes, and I may be banned from posting hereafter. That's a price I'm willing to pay in order to support my right to bear arms.

·
Registered
88 Posts
FWIW I had no problem with your posts, they at least contained facts (or stats) that could be intelligently debated.

But, in generally, the debate was becoming argumentative and defensive (no pun intended) so the lock was inevitable.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
This has nothing to do with guns or the control thereof. It also has nothing to do with free speech either. This is about keeping this forum running smoothly and *most* everyone one happy. The subject of guns ALWAYS polarizes people to the extreme and ends up pissing everyone off. If you don't appreciate this fact, or can not refrain from being insulting, then you are welcome to go discuss this topic on some other forum.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
who you callin' a liberal! :lol:

for your info, i have nothing against guns, my dad has several of them that he shoots at the range with, and i know that having a gun is a responsiblity thing that varies widely between poeple who have them.

i am all for a good debate, we just need to make sure that no matter heated things get, people are not threatining each other as a personal attack.

you can hate guns and share your view, and you can love guns and share your view...just make sure we all take a step back when things get really heated

·
Registered
597 Posts
God, guns and abortion are the topics that seldom fail to degenerate into a full-blown **** storm. For one camp will never convince another why they're dead wrong. We'd have much easier time agreeing on why our tax dollars are being pissed away the way they are. So I say - to **** with guns. Let's talk taxes :twisted: .

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
****, did I miss a good argument?! :)

Seriously, though, I support the right of ordinary Americans (and not just those so chosen) to bear arms. ****, I was even an NRA member for a while (but let it lapse).

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sheldon said:
The thread was locked because a moderator with a strong opinion found some opposition.
Well, in all honesty, FX drivers seem to be strong-minded, active, outgoing people (otherwise we wouldn't be driving cars that not only look, but run so out of the ordinary for SUVs). You get a bunch of us in a "room" like that especially over a decisive topic, and there's bound to be a whole lotta yellin' going on. (This is where I cite my Fifth Amendment rights, BTW. :))

Besides, it isn't the first time guns have come up in this and other forums, and the result is always the same.

(Plus "Particle"'s from one of them accursed Blue states- give one of them a gun, and they're just as likely as shoot themselves in the foot as much as defend themselves. :) :) )

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
kcrudup said:
Besides, it isn't the first time guns have come up in this and other forums, and the result is always the same.

(Plus "Particle"'s from one of them accursed Blue states- give one of them a gun, and they're just as likely as shoot themselves in the foot as much as defend themselves. )
Haha, well actually I'm from Texas. Which reminds me when I was in college there and the professor asked how many of the students own guns. Almost everyone raised their hand. Some (I kid you not) raised their guns!

I've owned a number of rifles and two hand guns in my past. It's a lot of fun to take them to the range, as well as to go hunting (and no Kenny, I've never shot myself in the foot). I no longer like them because three friends of mine have been killed by them; a 10 yr old boy by accident when his father was taking a pistol away from him, 1 friend was robbed then shot, and another raped then shot.

Regardless, (and this is the last time I'm going to say this), the threads get locked not because of the subject or my feelings (or the feelings of the other moderators). They get locked when members fail to discuss the subject without making personal attacks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
particle,

I can appreciate your point of view, given your experience. I, however, still maintain that the right to bear arms should not be infringed upon.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Sheldon said:
I can appreciate your point of view, given your experience. I, however, still maintain that the right to bear arms should not be infringed upon.
Thanks for understanding.

Other than having stated I don't like guns, I never said that anyone's rights should be infringed upon. Perhaps tighter restrictions will come and go with the political season, but I don't see how guns will ever be banned in this country. It would be easier to ban God and taxes (that's for you pudicus). ::D

·
Registered
441 Posts
Particle do you think if the people that were attacked had a fire arm would have faired better????I think it would have equaled the odds... Guns don't kill people....people kill people...If more law abiding citizens carried fire arms in certain situations it can save a life...we have lots of crazy people in this world that don't give a s#$t about human life...I'm sure you have heard of some of these situations...we just had a nut that went into a mall in upstate NY that decide to shoot up the place with a rifle...how about in texas
when that nut drove thru a resturant and started shooting...what was amazing is no one had a gun on them that day so he killed a few people for the **** of it.. I can go on ....a gun is a tool that if used correctly can save a life..or take a life if used incorrectly..
Phil

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
:roll:

For the record, I have nothing against hunting rifles. only guns designed to kill people.

Seriously, instead of picking apart everything I say like in the last thread and coming up with more "what about the police, what about hunting, blah blah blah " just answer me this:

If you could give up you're right to own a handgun to end gun deaths in America would you do it?

If the answer is yes, then at least you can begin to understand where I am coming from. you might think my goal is unrealistic, but you cannot tell me there is a better/easier solution...if you know one i'm all ears.

If you're answer is no then um...no comment.

that's all i have to say

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you could give up you're right to own a handgun to end gun deaths in America would you do it?
No, because I own a gun to protect myself and my family, not to commit crime, and I keep it secured responsibly, so my right to owning a weapon should not depend on the deplorable acts of those that abuse their rights. Someone can similarly ask this question:

If you could give up your right to own a car to end car-related deaths in America, would you do it?

Should you be forced into that situation because there are so many morons on the road that the number of deaths involving automobiles is so high? How high? The NHTSA reported that in 2002 44,065 deaths were caused by motor vehicle accidents.

http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/RNotes/2005/809831.pdf

That's almost 14,000 more deaths that same year then the Illinois Council against Handgun Violence, which I'm guessing might tend to err on the high side, reports on their statistics page for gun deaths in the US.

http://www.ichv.org/Statistics.htm

So I can ask that everyone reading this drives responsibly to keep this number down, but I would never ask you to give up your FX to bring that number to 0, because i believe the people on this board by and large - sans any unfortunate accidents - are not the ones contributing to that insanely large number.

Besides, without our FX's, how would we get our shotguns to the range? :D

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Ugh...

I'm not sure why I keep being addressed here (because I really haven't said much more than the fact that I don't like guns) but...

magician said:
Particle do you think if the people that were attacked had a fire arm would have faired better????
I don't see how that would have helped my 10 yr old friend who found his father's gun; when his father took it from him and was checking it, it discharged and killed the boy. The friend that was robbed was shot in the back of the neck, robbed, and died four days later. Perhaps my friend who was raped could have defended herself but I don't know enough of the details to seriously speculate. Oh, and by the way, the women who was shot and the 10 yr old were brother and sister (I was friends with the middle brother). Both incidents happend in Texas about 3 years apart. Pretty freakin' sad, eh?

magician said:
If more law abiding citizens carried fire arms in certain situations it can save a life...
What situations though? I mean, it's kind of hard to plan for. Besides, I hate simply carrying my cell phone and keys around, so I can't imagine being bothered with a concealed pistol all the time.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Actually the father could have got in alot of trouble if the DA wanted to bring charges. This happened because he was not responsible to lock the gun up...another thing would have been to leave a open chamber so if the trigger was pulled nothing would have happened...but this is still a sad situation...
about carrying a gun all the time...I can agree it could be a pia..I never carry mine...but if someone breaks into my house,,I won't think twice...and there will be no warning....
Phil

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.