Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gotta rant right now. My wife loves my friggin car. She always wants to drive it everywhere. I get so nervous because with my last car she rammed it right into the back of another car (totally her fault) and had the nerve to get pissed at me when I yelled at her about it!
Anyway, I swear if she puts a scratch on my baby she will be banned from borrowing it...ever. I know it sounds selfish but I just want one thing that my wife/kids will not destroy. Just one thing!
Anyone else have to gives sympathy joyrides to others?

Just had to rant... :?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
...and you want to go to your local import show this weekend? ...you might hurt someone, or get hurt - Chill.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Get her an FX for herself. 8)

Now my wife, on the other hand, drove our FX once (and that was during the test drive at the dealer). She hasn't driven it since. She likes it very much, but she feels it's just too "scarry" to drive. Go figure.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
even though it's R NITI-FX, it's really her daily driver, i've got the PINODY (Odyssey)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Lucky me. My wife doesn't like to be in mine because it jostles her around to the point of gettting car sick. "Oh honey, I'm so sorry - now get out"!

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife drives it all the time. Wait a minute........I AM the wife, LOL! :p

Hubby drove it only once to move it out of the driveway!

go6car
(token female board poster?!)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
My Wife is content driving the BMW, for the time being anyway. She loves the FX, fortunately she lets me do most of the driving.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My wife loves to drive my FX but once our Divorce is complete she'll never drive it again. What a Relief. :D

·
Registered
597 Posts
PetrucciFX said:
I dont even like it when most people are IN my car..

Amen to that. Whoever gets into my vehicle usually receives the following set of commands/instructions:

Watch your feet near the speaker grille.
Yes, that's a lot of buttons. No, you can't touch any of them.
Don't put any stuff on the aluminum console.
Quit adjusting the seat. I broke my ass trying to find this position.
No, we won't be testing out the laser-guided cruise control today.
I didn't say you could open the sunroof, did I ?
I have no @#?! idea what 1/2 of these icons on the NAV screen mean.
I already told you that's not custom exhaust.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
go6car , as a "token" your perspective can be of interst. another "F" with a black fx - must be an image thing. Post on! where from?

·
Registered
848 Posts
go6car said:
<snip>
go6car
(token female board poster?!)
Sweet!!!...we need a cool avatar for her too. Got any more like yours??? :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
pudicus said:
Whoever gets into my vehicle usually receives the following set of commands/instructions:
Funny, I ususally only have to glare at them once :evil:, and they don't touch anything. :D

·
Registered
662 Posts
pudicus said:
Whoever gets into my vehicle usually receives the following set of commands/instructions:
When I give "my FX tour" to anyone, I only do one thing. Floor my silver paddle and let my car talk.

·
Registered
27 Posts
From south NJ, right outside of Philadelphia. And, I just love passing more FXs on the road having all the guys peek in at me and I BLOW by them, LOL!

I wanted a black car all my life. Just now got one! I'm surprised I haven't gotten arrested in this thing, so nice to have some serious pick up after 5 years in an Xterra! Speed limit? WHAT speed limit!!

Always been into cars -- my first ride at 17 was a brand new 86 trans am -- loaded, 5L V8. With a car phone, no less. I was a terror driving around in that thing, too! Figure I've grown up and refined my taste now that I've got the FX!

Funny look on the dealers faces when I showed up alone, looking at this thing ("Well, I don't think you would want the sport package honey, such a stiff ride, blah, blah, blah). Yeah, OK, Mr. dealer, LOL.

Thanks for letting me hang with the rest of you guys,

go6car
FX 35; black/brick (with the freakin SPORT package, LOL!)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
if you head out to amish country, say "hey!" - go girl! / so after a T/A you'll be moddin. soon

·
Registered
90 Posts
The FX is the wife's DD and it seems I only get to drive it outta the garage and into the driveway when it needs a wash/wax. The last time we traded and she drove my Jeep for the day, it did its little front axle dance of death and I imagine it'll be a cold day in **** before she swaps with me again. :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
BobKid said:
The FX is the wife's DD and it seems I only get to drive it outta the garage and into the driveway when it needs a wash/wax. The last time we traded and she drove my Jeep for the day, it did its little front axle dance of death and I imagine it'll be a cold day in **** before she swaps with me again. :(
Bob, Your OME giving you DW? I also only get to drive my wifes FX to get gas or to wash it in the driveway. She loves it though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
OIIIIIIO said:
Bob, Your OME giving you DW? I also only get to drive my wifes FX to get gas or to wash it in the driveway. She loves it though.
It's got a bad case of bumpsteer that'll go into full death wobble if you don't give it some steering input over bumps.

And I actually got to drive the FX to town yesterday. Yep, you called it, it needed gas. :lol:

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
...my G/F hasn't dared to form her lips to ask me if she can drive the FX - - she, all too well, knows MY answer. Bad enough I left her drive the Coupe (ONCE) - - I was on "pins and needles" in the passenger seat the whole way from the top to the bottom of my driveway!!! :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts