Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 fx35 is having issues all of a sudden with both sets of I key(fob). No rhyme or reason but sometimes I can open and lock doors and start the car without removing the mechanical key from fob. Then other times nothing works or I can start car but can’t lock it without manually doing so.
I have tried my other fob/key and having the same issues. I changed batteries on both and even changed fuse in the fuse box just to be sure.
I haven’t gone to the dealer yet because they want to charge me 200 bucks to take a look, and I’d rather not spend the money if it is an easy fix.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried reprogramming the keys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ended up going to the dealer again who reprogrammed them. They both worked for a few hours but then one of them stopped working and the other works off and on. The dealer said there may be an issue with some sensor but I’ll need to return.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I ended up going to the dealer again who reprogrammed them. They both worked for a few hours but then one of them stopped working and the other works off and on. The dealer said there may be an issue with some sensor but I’ll need to return.
Ouch. That sucks. What I was referring to in my post was reprogramming the keys yourself. I believe there are steps or some procedure in the factory service manual to follow to accomplish this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts