Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hit my 1,000 mile mark on December 24th, 2004 at 2:06pm, As I hit the long awaited number I just pulled to a stop at a traffic light and looked down to my odometer to see the numbers rollover to 1000

i was very excited, so much so that i raced around the corner and passed 2 slower moving cars (probably not fx's...i didn't notice), well as i passed them i had to stop at the next traffic light, upon doing so a police officer pulls up next to me on my right, while in his cruiser he motions for me to wind down my window, nervously i do as he requests and the following dialog ensued...

cop: do you know this is a 35mph zone?

me: 35? i thought it was 45 (and i really did)

cop: no it's 35, see the sign over there (he points to a sign that said 35mph)

me: oh man, my mistake, sorry about that

cop: it doesn't turn 45 until after the bend a few blocks up

me: well now i know, thanks for the information

cop: i know it's christmas eve, but wait until after the bend to open her up

me: ok, thanks

at this point the light turned green and we both drove off

does anyone else have any funny cop stories???

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Glad to see that you got off with a verbal warning; a written ticket would ruined your 1000 mile mark story big time :shock:

·
Registered
252 Posts
This isn't really an FX story but could be used as an excuse for those who have their DVD/XBox/Whatever routed to the front screen:

Before the FX my previous vehicle had a Pioneer aftermarket DVD and Navigation system so on with the story...

I was doing about 15 clicks over the limit on one of the freeways here and got pulled over at first wondering why he bothered as many others were doing 20 and 25 over and he never blinked but then I realized oh crap I bet he saw the DVD playing on the dash (honest I wasn't watching it just listening - watching it while driving really would deserve a ticket :)

Before he came to the window I switched the display back over to the navigation system and when he informed me that it looked like I was watching TV in the car I politely informed him that no it was just my navigation system.

He likely knew I was BSing him but he thought it was pretty cool and after demoing it a bit he let me go.

I did get stopped one other time for something else (just a reminder about my plates were going to expire soon) and he did say something to the effect of "Nice car man!" and wanted a closer look at the navigation system on the dash.

Okay enough rambling...

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've got a lot of cop stories. Where do I start ? Not sure if they qualify as as " fun " , though , as they tend to invlove my frequent involunteer payments into their pension fund :roll: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts