Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... isn't that a sign of running too richly?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Can you post a pic of yours?

I think that's normal, as long as it isn't a lot. I always have a bit of "soot" on the bottom lip of my tips after my 30 mile round trip commute to work each day. I just wipe them down every other day or so long with my chromies. I had the same thing on my Honda. I think most modern engines are set slightly on the rich side for safety's sake.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Can you post a pic of yours?

I think that's normal, as long as it isn't a lot. I always have a bit of "soot" on the bottom lip of my tips after my 30 mile round trip commute to work each day. I just wipe them down every other day or so long with my chromies. I had the same thing on my Honda. I think most modern engines are set slightly on the rich side for safety's sake.
i have had soot in the bottom of the pipes of every car ive owned....even the 98 HP saturn

·
Registered
286 Posts
i have soot also on my fx35 exhaust pipes in the same location as yours. thought it was odd when i noticed it a few weeks ago, but completely forgot until i saw this post

·
Registered
848 Posts
esemes said:
im sure you 'blow it out' every so often,
This IS Kenny you're talkin' about, ya know. If it wasn't for CA traffic, I doubt that his FX would ever be at idle except when shifting to/from park.

FWIW, I've got the same soot, and yes, I "blow it out" nearly every day...gotta keep the pipes clean :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you are going to represent jersey, then you have to change your location. Nice plates though. :) Don't worry about the soot. That's normal. All it indicates is that there is a little incomplete combustion. Meaning that your air to fuel mixture is a little rich w/ more fuel than air.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Re the avatar and my location - long story short - born and raised on Long Island, lived in northern NJ (Bergen/Hudson) for the past 8+ years, moved to SoCal in February... just trying to stay true to my roots!

Driving around LA with my NJ plates for a few months after I moved really stood out in a nice way (LOL) but then had to re-reg and my FX is LA-purchased so I will have Cali plates on those from the get-go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.