Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my baby (Fx) in to get the seat fixed. I have been waiting 3 months for parts to come in :roll:

We are still trying to get them to fix my trim problem :roll:

Okay, just fix the seat. Dropped off early morning and went to do some shopping (this time we also brought the blazer instead of taking their loaner). Come back at at close cuz they never called, got the key and they did not have any paperwork, I go out to the car...

:shock: :evil: :shock: :evil: :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry:

They scatched up practully every plastic piece on the drivers side foot trims, housing for seatbelt scatched, took a chunk out of the door, paint chip in the door well, cut into the rubber seal and pushed in the side aluminum on the console. WTF *#@%%**%%&

We get the service manager and he looks me straight in the eye and says "You did it, that was there."

I expained how much I care for the car and the work I go into keeping it perfect and he could have cared less, just that I had to have been the one who did this to MY CAR not them. He really belived I treat my $50k like some cheap crappy car.

I just broke down right there and cried.

He would not even fill out paper work on what they did. He just said "just write me a letter" and I will ask the service tech tomorrow. Yeah, like the tech is going to say, yep I did that.
I doubt that.

I will be calling consumer affairs tomorrow and will have to leave my business sometime this week early and drive back there.

Any advice? I will post pics tomorow, too late and tired.

Like I have said before, I get way too emotional on my cars.
Thanks for listening and let the new saga begin. :evil: :evil:

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
OMG! :shock:

I'm sorry to hear that....
If I took my car in for a service after waiting for 3 months and they damage my car like that... or even one little scratch and if they tell me that I did it.. I would be really pissed off and i would bring every managers and start yelling at them... and if that doesn't work I would call police and everything untill they agree to fix all of them...

I believe that your car would not have any scratches and dings.... considering how much you take care of it...

I hope the service people come out clean and agrees to fix them for you...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Another unbelievable story. So much for top-ranked Infiniti service. I hope you find someone at the dealership that is willing to take ownership of your problem.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Unbelievable; you mentioned in your first post that you'd be posting pics soon - apparently its come to the point where we have to take pics before we leave our cars for service :roll:

Regarding advice; I would recommend including in your letter any witnesses to you cars condition last week. Neighbors, collegues, church, Scouts, youth activities - who has seen (been in) your car this past week or so who can offer testimnoy as to condition?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I will be calling consumer affairs tomorrow
Sorry to hear that Sweets! :(
I'm not sure what consumer affairs will do, but with my experience from them they always seem to go with the dealerships decision!

In my book, consumer affairs is a joke! :evil:

Good luck & keep us informed regarding the results... :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Good point about recent witnesses. Also, Sweet any recent pics would help also.

I will be taking pics of my interior/exterior just prior to any service appts in the future.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
I just broke down right there and cried.
****. Not really sure how effective that "strategy" was. A physical show of force :bazooka: (i.e. attempt to slap the **** out of the service manager) or at least threaten to call your lawyer might have been better.

Sweet Fx said:
Like I have said before, I get way too emotional on my cars.
You aint lying about that......

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that Sweet. :(

They did similar thing to my FX when they replaced my front seat covers. Several scratches on new covers and cuts on passenger side aluminum peace and door trim.

I basically asked service writer to change the trims(decided not to worry about the scratches on the cover since they were minor) VERY FIRMLY. Obviously he didn't want to do it but I asked him to have a little discussion with his service manager otherwise I would bring it up general manager.

Dealer replaced not just aluminum trim but also whole passenger side door panel.

Infiniti needs to add more dealers for more competitions among dealers. So, we can enjoy better service.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am an attorney, and I would urge you to do the following:

1. Schedule an appointment with the dealership owner, and show up and plead your case in a FIRM BUT professional manner. I would be happy to strategize with you about the appointment, if you would like any input!

IF, that gets you no results then I would like you to call me for further strategy, as I owe this Site some Pro Bono service since I have learned so much from this site. Because of all/many of you, my FX has beautiful front end lighting, a cool MOMO shift knob, 20 inch Chromies on the way due to a swap of my 18's with another forum member (and the 20's will be shod with new tires I learned about on here!), and my FINI will soon be RAIL-less!!

PM ME if you so desire some legal advice, and THANKS to all on here for helping me learn about the wonderful world of FX!

Craig Kelley, http://www.inserra.com
Omaha, NE

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
sweet,

i would definately follow the above advice and pursue this. anyone in customer service should not treat a customer like that no matter how much THEY think you did the damage.

i honestly believe that (as sad as this is) they see you are a girl and think they can boss you around.

be firm and professional and PM clkkelley :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
sorry about
here is what i do
every service i first compliment the dealership for giving great service so far.
this is actually true, then i lower the boom.
clearly stating that there are no scrathes inside and out. then have them inspect the vehicle with me thoroughly and note no existing scratches on the write up. this only add 5 minutes of time if you are in a hurry.
when i come back i inspect thoroughly. so far no issues.
i think you all should go this route
good luck from now on

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:shock: Jeez, you know, everybody always gives me a hard time when I'm so anal about my car, but it's crap like this that makes me glad I am. I have a good relationship with my tech, service advisor and service manager and they all know how particlar I am about my car. Even then, whenever I can, I still stand out there and watch them perform the work.

At my 15k service, when the tech balanced and rotated the tires, he torqued the lugs down with an impact wrench. I asked him what the tirques specs were on the lugs and he said 85 ft-lbs and that his impact wrench was set for it. Yeah, right, I checked them all myself when I got home (only 5 miles so no harm done) and I could easily break some loose, while I had to litererally jump up and down on others to break them loose. Needless to say, I re-torqued everything by hand with my torque wrench. Other than that and a few smudges on my otherwise flawless paint and trim, they have always been very good to me.

I couldn't imagine what kind of **** would be unleashed if I found my car in the condition that Sweet is describing after a servicing. For one, I can't believe the service manager fed you that line of crap. He likely never even say your car at all until you brought him out, so how TF would he know? Standard BS CYA protocol that is unnacceptable from a high-line dealership's service dept. The guy should be fired. Was your husband with you at the time? If not, the guy was probably being a chauvinistic pig. Deffinitely don't stand for it. Unfortunately, I don't know how much luck you'll have compared to all the time and effort you'll have to devote to it. :(

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Holy crap! Those bastards! Sorry to hear that Sweet... If that happened to me, I would have probably ended up in jail for shoving a wrench down his fat lying mouth. That's just WRONG. I'd go straight to the top and talk to the owner of the dealership - demand things (in a professional matter ofcourse ;) ) to be set right.

BTW, clkkelley - that's great of you to offer help.

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
That's just awful. I feel so sad for you because I know how much you care for your car. If it were me, I would probably have started breaking things in their showroom. ::evil:

Any chance this could be their revenge for the last service problems you had with them? I seem to recall you have had to get Infiniti Consumer Affairs involved before.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
clkkelley said:

1. Schedule an appointment with the dealership owner, and show up and plead your case in a FIRM BUT professional manner. I would be happy to strategize with you about the appointment, if you would like any input!

IF, that gets you no results then I would like you to call me for further strategy, as I owe this Site some Pro Bono service since I have learned so much from this site. Because of all/many of you, my FX has beautiful front end lighting, a cool MOMO shift knob, 20 inch Chromies on the way due to a swap of my 18's with another forum member (and the 20's will be shod with new tires I learned about on here!), and my FINI will soon be RAIL-less!!

PM ME if you so desire some legal advice, and THANKS to all on here for helping me learn about the wonderful world of FX!

Omaha, NE
Very cool of you, man. Glad you're learning so much here, and happy to have you on board! 8)

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
clkkelley said:

Omaha, NE
Finally...!
I didn't know there was a nice lawer in existance... :shock:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
FXcellent said:
Good point about recent witnesses. Also, Sweet any recent pics would help also.

I will be taking pics of my interior/exterior just prior to any service appts in the future.
Maybe you should share this site of YOUR recent pictures and charater witnesses with both the dealer and corp. http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1969 It would be obvious to see that anyone who takes such special care of her FX as (can be seen) you do, would not have neglected the interior as they claimed you did. I have a habit when visiting the dealer (even in the pre buying days) to go in with copies of ideas, pics. mods., TSB's etc. that i had printed out from here, F/A, Infiniti.com, etc. and not only showed them, but left the copies with them, with my hand written notes (and theirs) on them [so they wouldn't be thrown out]. They always commented how they never had seen someone so detailed and organized before as we were. All that mattered was they always took/take us serious and pay extra special attention, because they sure as heck know we do. - Shows accountability on their part. ~ Get Legal with 'em, all the best, we're all here for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You've gotten some great advice here. Let me add this...

Don't forget to be BRUTALLTY HONEST when you get that phone call asking you to rate your customer service experience. Be as calm and professional as you can possibly be, but tell them exactly what happened and what your service guy's reaction was.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wow! :cry: This situation really sucks Sweet. I'm am so sorry for you. Luckliy you have gotten some great advice here and hopefully eveything will work out ok for you in the end.

On a side note, we're taking our FX in tomorrow to the dealer for a free oil change. I'm sooo tempted to go snap some pics real quick.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts