Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am convinced with going to the super charger ST.II . It felt crazy when I first took off. :D I had a permanent smile on my face starting at first gear. The gear shifts were seamless. It almost felt like the Muranos CVT tranny. I felt no lag at all. The sound that the supercharger puts out is like a high pitch whistle when you gun it. I am so happy that Rob gave me a chance to test it out. The Stillen exhaust doesn't have that burbly sound too it like the OEM but it sounds very tamed. I just didn't want to fell the power, I also wanted to see it from a standstill. All I can say is that there is nothing that will touch/compare to the way the FX looks when it takes off like a rocket. WOW! Coming this Feb. My truck will join the elite crew of the supercharged. :twisted: Robs engine sounded like it had nothing while sitting at idle and normal cruising. But, when it was time for fun, there was an ample amount and then some to lend to others who can use it. I am going to have Rob do a few things to my truck in preparation for the supercharger. I am working up to it gradually. If only there was some charity money I can get to put towards the S/C. 8) All I can say is that I am fully impressed. Once you go S/C you never go back. I want to drive it again. :p

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Well, I guess if you're gonna replace your plenum anyway.......

·
Registered
90 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Well, I guess if you're gonna replace your plenum anyway.......
feel the love :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I know that smile!!
I would love to get to the performance level I am seeking with out a T/SC.But lack of parts may not allow me...Hi Pro NA is sweet too!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He...

Rob had also mentioned getting the level 10 Mod done. Maybe he was just thinking about it. Don't know if it would be compatible with the S/C. :?:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ones with new mod, please please try to get numbers before and after, "Feel" is fun to use or expressed but some times in reality it could be supprised and depressed. We had lots of this " Feel" here when experimented the Injen intake. But not to offended, in this case I must be a fooled if I think this SC here is running slower than stock.
MGFR, do you think you/we(HFXA) can do the installation?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Given how fast that motor must move through the revs,quicker,firmer,shifts with more precision of shift point cannot hurt!!They (Level 10) are 2 hours away or do locally.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
phamgiaj said:
MGFR, do you think you/we(HFXA) can do the installation?
If it comes with a good install manual (I believe it does), I could likely do it; it's basically nothing more than a complicated bolt-on with some wiring (not a problem, either). Also, it is apparently plug-and-play, so tuning is not an issue (though I'd still want to have it checked out). It's nothing I'd want to be rushed on, however (or have any amount of alcohol in the vicinity :roll: ); I'm pretty meticulous, so it'd likely take me a few days with some occassional help. However, I'm not sure I'd consider it to be worth it to do myself and void the warranty. Even if I did decide to do it myself, I'd want a qualified installer in reserve in case I got in over my head or at least to double check the install (I wonder if Stillen would honor the warranty if it were inspected by a qualified installer after a DIY install? I doubt it though.). I'm also concerned about the intercooler fitment issues they had on an FX w/ the ICC module, so if it were going on an FX w/ Tech, I'd wait until Stillen gets this issue straightened out. All this is asside from the fact that given the amount of work involved, there's no way I'd want to do this on anyone's FX but mine (and there's no way I can afford it) purely out of the goodness of my heart. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
The last point is critical and necessary for all to understand.
Working on someone else's car ,with a serious/involved project incurs some risk and liability.Compensation is appropriate.This goes beyond the club aspect that is evolving down there and someone's skill should not be taken for granted.
As an old drag racer...alcohol and gasoline do not mix.Not trying to be a wet blanket,but a time to work and a time to play.
I also agree that the kit seems to be a step or 2 away from home trials

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I just finished pricing with a tech from a local auto high performance store, it's $600-$800 for installation and they've never installed it on any FX :evil:
PS: They seem to like working with Stillen's product.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
$6-800 doesn't sund bad for an install, IMO (I've heard mostly $1k or more). Have they done this kit on the Z or G? If so, it's about the same and would be a breeze for them. You thinking of ordering, John?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Cool; deffinitely keep us posted. 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts