Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for my morning Starbucks and was planning on heading to my son's school to get his homework since he has been sick. Well, I had a leak in the cup so I stopped off at home to pour it in another cup. I went inside for about a 30 seconds and when I came out I saw my FX rolling forward towards the garage pillar/and my son's car. Immediately thought WTF? and rushed to the front of the FX and pushed to stop it. (Fairly flat driveway). The drivers side wheel was turned slightly for a right-hand turn and it was grazing my sons passenger side rear bumper. It was also stopped about two feet in front of my brick garage pillar. As the FX was pressing into my thigh and with my hands on the hood to prevent any further advancement, I started pushing the FX backwards to clear my son's rear bumper and was successful doing so. I had to make a break for the passenger side door of the FX to get inside and shift into park. I gave one last shove backwards and sprinted to the door and opened and shifted to park.

I reviewed the FX for damage (priority over my son's car) and miraculously there was none. My son's bumper had tire burn on it which came off with Simple Green and no other marks or scrapes.

No idea why I left it in drive and no idea why it didn't start rolling immediately when I got out.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:shock: Wow, close call. You got some big cajones (or big muscles) to run in front of a 4000+lb car drifting in Drive to stop it. Glad there was no damage.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was surprised that even though it was in drive that it not only stopped but was able to be pushed backwards. I'm 6'4" and weigh 210 and when I had two cars in danger of being F'd-up you reach down for a little extra :D

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Hercules, HERCULES! :D

I have noticed that on slight grades, our cars do not pull very much at all when idling in Drive, compared to other automatic cars I've had. Soemtimes mine will even coast backwards down my driveway (only slight grade) unless I give it some gas.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
was it actually in drive, or was it in neutral? if the driveway has a very slight grade and in neutral, the virbration of the engine could make it roll ever so slowly.....

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was in drive and was actually going on a slight upslope.

·
Registered
662 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
:shock: Wow, close call. You got some big cajones (or big muscles) to run in front of a 4000+lb car drifting in Drive to stop it. Glad there was no damage.
Must, it's time for you to hand over that Avatar to this new Machoman. :lol:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
topguy said:
MustGoFastR said:
Must, it's time for you to hand over that Avatar to this new Machoman. :lol:
:lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I handled a case where a lady TRIED to do what you did when a car was rolling towards hers in a parking lot, and she got pinned with two fractured hips, so thank goodness you are OK!!! :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
FXLENT.

What great luck that nothing was damaged and that you weren't pinned. Sounds like the slight upslope helped you along as well.
Luck is not always random , but based on a little proactive effort.

Wishing all of us the best.

Take care all,

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Well, I am glad it came out okay. Glad it was not Monday :D

I have a great fear when I park in my garage, due to the fact it is on a 45 degree angle and a retaining wall on the side.

I have a rule "no talking until the car is off", I can get easily sidetracked after a long day.

This is the bottum of the driveway.

·
Registered
443 Posts
WOW
that's a very inclined driveway...

no wonder you bought a cross-over..

I think the G35 cant even get on it

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
You just need to go at it at the right angle and very slowly.

The camaro can make it. :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
if you go straight to ur driveway,
will you scratch the exhaust pipe?

i guess you didn't try it.. huh?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I can go straight in with the FX no problem and no scapes.

It is being careful to turn to line it up and not hit the wall.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Please, Sweet- I'm too weak-willed to resist such straightlines!

(Also, am I the only one who, when imagining FXELNT pushing back his oncoming FX, hearing that old "Six Million Dollar Man" show "bionic" sound (they use it on "Pimp My Ride" sometimes in the before/after shots)?)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
kcrudup said:
Sweet Fx said:
Please, Sweet- I'm too weak-willed to resist such straightlines!

(Also, am I the only one who, when imagining FXELNT pushing back his oncoming FX, hearing that old "Six Million Dollar Man" show "bionic" sound (they use it on "Pimp My Ride" sometimes in the before/after shots)?)
****, man, don't you understand that coke spewed from the nose HURTS?! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Nope, they dont scrape :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts